Thursday, March 24, 2011

SIW Chris Whelan Ch 07

Saint Ives - Whelan Chronicles : Christopher Saint Ives – Whelan.

Chapter Seven : Command and Conquer.


Lazily she stretched her limbs, smiling as she felt the warm body pressed against her backside. Immediately Mia felt the change. The body behind her went from relaxed to tense in a heartbeat. The arm that had lain carelessly around her stomach, now travelled upwards, cupping one of her breasts, pinching her protruding nipple.

"Chris, don't you ever get enough?" she teased lightheartedly.

"Of you? Never. I'll always want you. Now spread your legs so I can say good morning in a proper way," he hoarsely spoke next to her ear.

Mia grinned as she pulled up one leg and lifted the other.

Releasing her nipple, he moved his hand to support her leg. Tilting his hips, he brushed his erection over her wet folds.

"Bring me home, sweetheart," he whispered softly.

Bracing herself on one elbow, she reached down with her other arm, took hold of the hot flesh that was rubbing against her. She couldn't resist giving him a light squeeze before she aimed him at her wet core.

Slowly he pushed forward until he was buried to the hilt. Gently he rocked back and forth. Chris lowered her leg so it lay on top of his thighs. With his hand free again, he started roaming her lush body before settling between the apex of her thighs.

His fingers searched and found her hard little nub. Tenderly he stroked her, eliciting moan after moan from her.

Turning her head towards Chris, he took the opportunity to capture her lips in a sweet delicate but mind numbing kiss. Mia didn't know left from right. He was showing a totally different side of him. He had been gentle before, but now it felt ten, no a hundred times better. The love he felt for her just poured all over her and she took it all.

She didn't think it was possible, but he slowed down even more and just like that she felt her need rise higher. She wanted to urge him on but knew it would be in vain to try and coax him. It was clear he was enjoying this very much and who was she to deny him that?

His expert moves and touches made her feel so loved and wanted. Without expecting it her release washed over her. It wasn't as fierce as some of the previous ones but it was so intense, all she could do was bite her lip and ride the waves of ecstasy for as long as he kept moving.

One hand got tangled in the sheets, her other hand reached behind her, landing on his firm ass. She could feel his muscles relax and tense as he kept stroking himself in and out of her wet folds.

Panting heavily, she tried to speak, but her dry throat prevented her from her words getting out. Join me, my mate, she said through their mental bond. It was all Chris needed to hear to release his last bit of strength and he gripped her tight, shaping her to fit his body even better before he slammed in hard and fast. In, out, in, out, in and out was all he needed before he coated her insides with his warm seed.

He didn't let go, he held her there for several minutes, both catching their breath.

A little while later he felt Mia shudder lightly in his arms. Thinking she was cold, he reached over to try and get hold of the blanket, but she stopped him.

As she turned around he saw her smiling.

She snuggled close, her arms wrapped around his neck. Their bodies pressed close, she nuzzled his neck and inhaled his scent.

Looking up at him she said : "I could get used to this too. A proper good morning, every morning, for the rest of our lives."

He smiled at her words, cupped her face and kissed her. With much regret he ended their kiss, remembering he had to drop by at his garage and needed needing to talk to Mia.

Letting out a heavy sigh, he rolled onto his back, dragging Mia with him so she lay on top of him. Dragging his hands  through her hair, he followed the curve of her back, down to her butt. Leaving a hand on each butt cheek he gave them a firm squeeze.

"I'd love to spend all day in bed, but I'm afraid there are a few pressing matters that need my attention. I have to be at the garage in a little while, but only today. I've informed them they won't see me the rest of the week. While I was up I phoned your work as well. I didn't know whether you had to go to work today or not, but it seems your mom had the same thing on her mind and had already called you in sick for the rest of the week, " he told Mia.

Mia couldn't hold back her laughter. "That's my mom for you. Sometimes you'd curse her for knowing so much but then at times like this she's a god send," she said with a big smile on her face. "This means we got the whole week to ourselves?"

"Well apart from this afternoon, yes, the rest of the week is ours. I'm sure we can come up with a few things to keep us occupied," he said as he raised his brows a few times and a huge grin appearing on his face.

"You really only have a one track mind, don’t you?"

"You really want me to answer that question?"

"You're incorrigible!"

"Always when it concerns you," he agreed, "but sadly we really have to get up now if I want anything sorted today. So come on, get that beautiful butt out of bed and we'll grab a shower."

"You have to let me go first."

"Don't want to."

"It's one thing or another," she laughed at him, "can't have both right now."
"Ok, ok, you win," he reluctantly said.

Grabbing her butt a bit tighter he rolled them both to the edge of the bed and stood up. The only option for Mia was to wrap her legs around his waist because he didn't put her on the floor, he simply started walking over to his semi open plan bathroom.

Grinning like a Cheshire cat, he held her close with one arm while with the other he turned on the tabs in his huge open shower room. Testing the water after a few seconds he stepped under the steady flow of steaming water.

Mia squealed as fairly cold water cascaded over them.

"For crying out loud!! You could have waited a bit longer. This is freezing cold," she blurted out, giving him a slap on his shoulder.

"I'll warm you up, the cold will be forgotten very soon, don't worry."

"Oh no, you don't. We got places to be, if you start that again nothing will come of it!" she replied as she turned her head trying to avoid his invading lips.

He simply nuzzled her neck and nibbled over the tiny marks left by him two days ago.

"Chris! Stop, please," she begged, but he didn't give in.

After having his fill of her enticing scent his lips traveled towards hers, capturing them in a searing kiss. Reaching behind her, he turned on the hot warm which was immediately felt.

Reaching behind her again, he blindly searched for some soap. Having the bar of soap now he let Mia go, yet keeping her close, not releasing her lips for a second.

As he lathered up the soap on her wet body, he could feel the shudders running up and down her curves. Once he washed and rinsed all he could reach, he had to let go of her lips.

Leaning back, he now exercised his cleaning abilities to her front, paying extra attention to her lush breasts and stiff nipples. Mia steadied herself by grasping his shoulders, her eyes were closed as she let Chris wash every inch of her.

Watching him through tiny slits, she more felt than saw him crouch down. He washed on leg, then the other, but instead of placing it back to the ground, he lifted her leg and put it on his shoulder.

Before she knew what he wanted, Chris had latched on her clit, his soapy fingers exploring her wet folds. Eyes closed, all she could do now was hold on for dear life.

Don't worry, love, I won't ever let you fall. Consider this one for the road, he shared with her just before he plunged in two fingers and started pumping them in and out fast. Mia let out a startled gasp, being caught off guard by his sudden intrusion. Gripping his shoulders tighter than before, she, again, had no other choice than to ride the waves of pleasure.

As he kept moving his fingers relentlessly, he picked up speed. At the same time he started sucking her clit, teasing it with his tongue. Her senses were being overloaded, her legs started shaking. If it wasn't for Chris' strong arm circling her waist, she was pretty sure she would have slipped and lost her balance when her orgasm washed over her.

Once Chris was convinced she could stand on her own again, he placed her one leg back on the ground, straightened and licked his lips.

"Hmmm, food for the gods. Now that's something I could have every day as well," he said as he softly brushed her wet hair.

"If you keep this up, I won't be able to walk in a few days," Mia replied with a devilish seducing smile on her face.

"We aim to please, my love. Sadly we'll have to take a break. You go on and dry yourself and get ready, then I'll get a quick wash myself and join you in a few. The faster we're back, the faster we can go back to bed," he said before he planted a chaste kiss on her lips.

As he turned her around and gently shoved her towards the towel rack he couldn't resist giving her butt a tender slap.

"Hey!" she squealed and tried swatting his hand away.

He simply smiled, turned and started washing himself.

* * * *

After having a quick bite from the leftovers from last night, both got ready to go out. Chris was heading towards his garage and Mia took the fast way to her own home, appearing in her bedroom.

They agreed Mia would join Chris in a little while after she had dropped off a few bags with some clothes for her at his place.

As Chris drove to his garage he mulled a bit over the fact they still hadn't talked about some of the more pressing issues regarding her dad's pack and her heritage. Her family on its own wouldn't be an issue. It would only be when word got out who his mate was that things would be set in motion none of them would have any control over.

Everybody believed that Merlin was just a myth. Chris shook his head, the other packs would get a big surprise soon then. Merlin must have realized that Chris' mating to Mia, his granddaughter, his existence would no longer be myth, but fact. For his own pack it was pure luck they met each other.

Only a few decades ago Ed, the middle brother, had gotten into some serious trouble and if Merlin hadn't stepped in, Ed wouldn't be alive today. That tragic event was the start of a very trusting, everlasting friendship. First between the brothers and Merlin, later with the whole pack.

It never needed to be said to keep his existence a secret, but his frequent visits made him liked by the whole pack and simply adored by all the small children. It was as if they knew he was coming because every time he did, it didn't take much for all of them to gather around him.

Chris smiled thinking about those times. Soon his own pup would be amongst that big pile of furry little ones. This made him go back to thinking about Mia. This last few days were precious to him. The feelings that washed over him, warmed his entire being and nourished his soul and wolf.

He knew they still had to talk and preferably today. Letting out a weary sigh, he parked his car near the entrance of his shop and got out.

Barely inside and a blonde woman tried to drape herself over him. Taken by surprise, he grabbed her shoulders and pushed her away.

"Aaw, sweetie, you shouldn't push me, unless you push me up against a wall and ravish me," she seductively said. She flipped her clearly fake blonde hair over her shoulder and pouted her silicone enhanced lips.

"Don't even think about it, Donna. We, if there ever was a 'we', are is no more.  I told you straight away what the deal was. So let me say this once, missy. I… am… no… longer… available," he said, making sure she understood each word very clearly. "Unless you have work on your car I do not want to see you here ever again. Be so kind to tell it to your friends as well. From now on I'm off limits and no longer interested. I hope I've made myself clear?"

The stunned expression on her face was priceless. He should have known Thomas wouldn't be able to make her go away. Her mouth opened and closed, mimicking a fish, he found it very amusing and if he wasn't trying to bring an important point across he would have laughed in her face. Instead he cleared his throat and asked her again if she understood what he'd asked.

Finally able to close her mouth, she barely nodded, turned around and with the little bit of grace left she paraded outside to her Barbie pink cabriolet and drove off.

Chris stood there watching her disappear. He had to laugh at himself now, how in heaven's name did he ever find someone like her attractive? Let alone get aroused by her.

Turning around, he saw all his crew watching him, curiosity evident on all of their faces. Luckily all of them were either from his own pack or from neighboring ones.

"Hey, a man's got to do what a man's got to do. I'm officially off the market, so I'm afraid your weekly fill of blonde bimbos is over," he said with a smile as he walked on towards his office.

Not caring about the work they were all doing they followed their boss and gathered in front of his door.

Thomas, being his right hand man, was gently shoved forward.

Chris smiled as he saw them all bundled up behind him.

"Don't worry, I'm still the same, it's just I've found my mate this weekend. As I explained to Donna dearest, I'm off the market, only one woman for me now," he told his eager employees.

A loud cheer came from all of them, some coming up shaking his hand, others slapping his shoulder.

Thomas was kind of relieved he didn't have to ask himself, but that Chris told it himself. Sure they'll be missing the beauties passing by but on the other hand it was nice to see him finally settle down. Now all of them were curious as to who Chris' mate was. The second Thomas started his question Chris held up his hand.

"Yes, she'll be over in a little bit so you'll get to meet her. However I must ask for some discretion. I want to keep our mating low profile, in other words, you are not allowed to tell anyone yet, not even your spouses or family. Let's just say my mate is special and there are a few things that need to be settled first. Understand?" he spoke firmly. He knew he may have said too much because now they would start to wonder but on the other hand he had to give them something.

Most of his work crew was still unmated, so having them keep their mouth shut wasn't that hard of a task.

"Now go back to work, once she's here I'll introduce you crazy lot to her," and with that he dismissed them.

Thomas got the silent command to make sure everybody left the boss' office and went back to work. Having pushed the last one out, he closed the door and turned back to Chris.

"I don't want to pry, but can we expect trouble in the near future?" Thomas inquired.

"I don't know man, I honestly don't know. I can't tell you anything, I'm bound to my oath to her as well. I’ve probably already said too much by admitting she's something special. I'm trusting you to be my eyes and ears here. Not a word gets out until I say so, all right?" Chris answered.

"I understand, boss, I'll tell them again to make sure," Thomas replied.

"Ok, that's settled," checking his watch, "I’ve got an hour before she arrives. Let's get some of this paperwork done. Anything else that needs my immediate attention?"

"Nope, apart from Barbie Donna, it was all paperwork."

"About her, why was she still here?"

"I don't know boss, I told her you wouldn't be available, but I suspect she eavesdropped on our phone conversation earlier. She went away straight after and came back only fifteen minutes ago. I told her you weren't here, but she wouldn't have any of it. I'm sorry, boss."

"It's ok, some of them can be quite a handful. I hope she got the message and stays away. She doesn't want to mess with my mate," Chris replied with a chuckle.

"Already can't wait to meet her boss, she really must be someone special if she captivates you like this," Thomas spoke respectfully.

"Oh she is, Thomas, she's one of a kind," he agreed, smiling to himself knowing how literally you could take those words. "Anyway, let's get some work done so I don't have to come in for the rest of the week. If anything is up, you know where to find me."

"I'm pretty sure where you'll be spending the rest of the week," Thomas jokingly said as he turned and left the office.

Forcing himself to focus, Chris quickly went through the pile of neatly stack papers. Most were orders that had to be filled in. Noting down the urgent ones, he split the pile in two. Those that were urgent he took care of right away, the other pile contained orders that could wait until next week. He'd give that pile to Thomas, should anything be done faster he knew which jobs to take next.

Checking his watch again he was surprised to see an hour had already passed.

Mia?

Yes, Chris? came the immediate reply.

It's been over an hour and you aren't here yet, he complained.

You know that's easily fixed. I brought over a few bags to your place. Was just doing a last check of the  house. Somehow I'm convinced I won't see much of it the coming week, came her teasing reply.

If I stand in the middle of my office, you got enough room to port over then?

That should be enough, just tell me when and I'll be over in a heartbeat.

Ok, a few seconds, I'm moving to the middle. Al right, room enough now, sweetie.

Holding his arms slightly open a second later, they were filled with the tiny, but lush body, of his mate.

Scooping her up in his arms, he went to the sofa in the corner of his office.

"Hmm, I missed you," her murmured as he buried his nose in her neck.

"It's only been an hour! I haven't been away for that long."

"Even a minute apart is too long now. I want you near me. I want to be able to touch you at any time."

"I'm not stopping you," she replied in a husked tone.

Chris bit back a groan: "Oh how I'd love too, but I'm afraid I'll have to wait a little bit longer. My crew is curious about you and I promised to introduce you, so we'll have to wait a bit before indulging."

Mia frowned, she knew she'd asked to keep their mating to a select few, so she wasn't sure what to make of this.

"I know what you're thinking," Chris said after he planted a tiny kiss on the tip of her nose, "They're all weres here, either belonging to my pack or ones close by. I only told them I've mated but that they are not allowed to tell others. I've never had to hide anything from them so I didn't want to hide this either. They don't know anything more, that's all up to you."

Giving his words some thought she had to agree he was obligated to have some level of openness towards his pack and workers. He was their Beta and boss, he had responsibilities to them.

"It's ok, I understand. As long as we can keep the details private for the time being."

"That goes without question, dear." Standing up again, he caressed her soft curves. "Let's go meet them, might as well get this over with. I bet they're dying to meet the one that took me off the market."

Smiling up at him, she embraced him and pulled him closer, wanting another kiss before they went on. Taking a sniff, she crunched up her nose.

"First explain what that hideous smell is that's clinging to you," she demanded fiercely, her temper having changed around in the blink of an eye, her wolf on edge.

"Don't worry, sadly it was my past catching up. I had told Thomas to get rid of her, but she overheard our phone conversation and she sprung me when I arrived. I made it perfectly clear she's no longer wanted and that I'm off limits to her and anyone else. Think you would have loved the look on her face when she left," he explained.

"Well good riddance, I'm sure she would love the look on mine if I ever catch her near you again. You're mine," and with that she lunged for his lips that caught Chris off guard and had them both stumbling backwards, falling on the couch again.

Trapping her in his arms he returned the smothering kiss. His hand buried in her hair, turned her head just that little bit to grant him more access to her warm mouth.

As fast as she had "attacked" him, she pushed herself into a sitting position. Breathing heavily, her eyes traveled over his flushed face and his heaving chest. His muscles clearly visible under the tight T-shirt he was wearing. Surprised by her own possessiveness, she snuggled up.

"Just you remember who you belong to now. I don't share," she whispered softly.

Stroking her hear slowly, he just felt content that their bond had gotten so strong over such a short period of time.

"The same goes for you, sweetie. You're mine as I'm yours, always," he returned in a hushed voice.

Staying like this for a few minutes was what both needed to get their feelings in check and their wolves sated.

"Come one, Mia, I want this over with so I can take you back home and hide for a week," he said with a glint of amusement in his voice.

Disentangling themselves, Mia then straightened her clothes and turned towards Chris, waiting for him to go first.

Grasping her hand, he led her to the workshop. As if their arrival was accompanied by bells and whistles, all the workers turned their head towards their boss.

Real name or Barlow for now? he quickly asked her.

Barlow. Never can be sure enough. That's easier cleared up then saying too much now and getting unwanted attention, she replied.

"Well, there isn't that much to tell, but I'd like to introduce Mia Barlow to you all. My mate," he said before the entire group.

One tall man came closer extended his hand towards Mia. Swiftly shaking hers, he quickly composed himself and said : "Welcome to the family. I really hope you can get some sense into him."

Mia had to smile at the bravado this man was displaying.

"I'm sure I can keep him in check, no worries," she replied reassuringly.

A few more pleasantries were exchanged and not before long they all gathered up close. Yet they stayed cautious, trying not to pry too much. The earlier warning to keep this mating low profile was enough of a heads up so they knew not to ask for details, they would get told in due time.

Mia got caught up in several conversations, most were all just teasing her about being the one to tame their boss.

Looking on from the side was Chris, a content smile plastered on his face.  He noticed Thomas standing next to him. It was clear he wanted to ask something but wasn't sure how his question would be received.

"Get out with it already, before you choke yourself," Chris said amused, giving the broad man a nudge against the shoulder.

"Hmm, I don't know how to ask. I know you said she's special and you would explain later. But… thing is… we didn't see  her entering the garage, boss. How did she arrive?" Thomas finally blurted out the question.

"I'd love to tell, Thomas, but I can't, not just yet. She's more than she appears to be, but that doesn't bother me. She's mine, that is what matters. We do need a bit of time to smooth some things out and once that is done all will be explained to the pack. So please have some patience with me, I've never let the pack down before and I'm not going to now either," Chris concluded.

"Ok, boss, I trust you. Seems the gossip bitches in the shop will have to wait a bit longer then."

"That makes you head bitch then?" Chris joked.

Thomas turned red, turned and walked away.

Chris still smiled. He knew Thomas was concerned and he couldn't blame him. He hated with holding important information, but a promise was a promise. He was surprised Thomas had waited this long to try and ease his curiosity.

If there was somebody who loved a good gossip, Thomas was the man to turn to. Luckily he did know when he could gossip and when to keep his big mouth shut. If it wasn't for that treat he'd never have made it to his current position in the garage.

Chris made his way over to Mia and circled her waist, standing close behind her.

What do you say about going home? Everything here is sorted and their curiosity has been fed. I want you all to myself now, Chris shared with Mia.

That sounds like heaven. Let's say our goodbye's and be on our way, she replied.

In a matter of minutes they managed to part ways with everyone and make their way over to Chris' car. Not much later they arrived in his underground parking lot.

Taking the elevator or the do we use the fast way? Mia asked.

Chris looked over at her. Stretching out his hand, he cupped the back of her head and pulled her in for a hot, wet kiss.

Does that answer it? was his heated reply.

Grinning against his demanding lips she ported them upstairs with barely registering a sound. Mia chose to let them land on his huge bed.

Turning to each other, the kiss took on another disguise. Before it had showed the passion Chris had bottled up inside of him, now it changed to a hungering, all devouring kiss.

Mia wouldn't have complained if it lasted a bit longer and she didn't hide her displeasure when Chris moved back a bit.

"I'd love to continue as well, love, but there are a few things we really should talk about. The faster the better," Chris explained his actions.

Mia literally pouted, but in the back of her mind she knew this moment was coming, she just didn't feel like it, but it was becoming clear Chris was going to be adamant they'd sort a few things first.

Letting out a heavy sigh, she cuddled up.

"I know, I know, I just don't want our perfect little happy bubble to burst just yet, not now we just found each other."

"I'd be happy to oblige, but you know as well as I do , that your parents, Merlin and me have been talking in more details about things?" he asked.

A confirmative "hmm" was the single reply he got.

"Come, I'll get us something to drink and we can talk on the patio," he calmly said as he nudged her slightly towards the edge of the bed.

Mumbling to herself, she got up and walked out of the room, closely followed by Chris.

"Hey, sweetie, I know it's never an ideal moment to talk about all of this, but it's better to get it over with. Nothing good comes out of stalling," he said while he stopped her and embraced her from behind.

"I just want us to have a good start, all three of us," he added lowering his hands to her tummy.

Leaning into his embrace she again had to agree with him. For so long she’d had to take care of herself and somehow she found it hard to grasp it wasn't just her anymore. It was Chris and their unborn pup now. If they could settle this issue with her father's pack things would be a lot easier. It would actually be a relief not having to hide her heritage anymore.

"You're right, Chris. Let's get out on the patio?" she relented.

"You go ahead, I'll grab us some drinks. What do you want to have?" he asked.

"I'd love a white wine…"

Chris turned her around in his embrace and simply raised an eyebrow at her as he looked down at her tummy.

"Ok, ok, I'll have an OJ. But in nine months' time you better have the best white wine ready you can find out there!" she said with a huff. Of course Chris was right again, but damn giving up her "whity", as she lovingly called her white wine, was going to be hard these first few weeks. She'd always been accustomed to sipping of a single glass each evening, just to unwind and relax after a day's work. At least she was giving that up for the best reason there could be, as her little pout disappeared from her lips as her eyes traveled down.

He brushed his lips against her temple before dipping lower and planting a more firm kiss on her lips.

"Now go and get settled outside," he said as softly slapped her behind, "I'll be right there with some drinks."

She smiled, her little drill sergeant was liking it way too much, all this bossing around, but she liked it, so she allowed it without protesting. If it was somebody else they would already have gotten an earful for trying to let her do things.

Making her way over to the outside sitting area, she pulled two seats together and fluffed up a few pillows before sitting down and making herself comfortable. The talk they were going to have wasn't going to go smooth and she was sure there would be some battering to do to satisfy them both on this topic.

Chris joined her, carrying a tray with some glasses, a jug of what seemed freshly made OJ and small plate filled with crackers. Putting the tray on the small table in front of the seats, he poured them both a glass and handed one to Mia.


"Thank you," she said before taking a sip. Yes, it was indeed freshly made OJ she thought as she licked the sweet flavor of her lips.

"Mia…" came a soft rumbling from next to her. She tried to hide her contentment that a simple innocent move could turn him on so fast. "Don't mock me, woman," he tried sounding stern, but that really made her laugh out loud now.

"Oh sweetie, you're so typically male. One move and all the blood rushes downwards, it's amusing to see really," she teased him.

With a huff that would have suited a grand dame of the beau monde, he sat back in his seat, crossed his legs and sipped of his own drink. For a minute he considered pay back, but contemplating the topic at hand he decided he would get her back for this later. They had stalled enough.

"Mia, how desperate are you about keeping this mating a low profile?" he started, cutting straight to the main issue.

"You promised, Chris," she warned.

"I know, and I'll never break one either. But depending on who knows, we can't know how many we'll get with us when Richard will go and confront his father. If we have the numbers, he'll think twice about doing something rash."

"I'm sorry, Chris, but I'm not budging on this one. The less people know, the better. The faster we get this settled, even better. But I won't let you drag in the pack," she shot back, slightly angry now.

Sighing he replied, "I wouldn't be dragging in the pack, as you call it. I would take our best fighters and would hope that the size of our group and knowledge of which pack we are from will prevent Richard's father acting in a crazy matter. The Whelan pack is known for having excellent fighters, but we only use it as a last resort. We don't attack and ask questions later. We're known for sorting issues in a calm way-"

"I know all that, Chris," she said, interrupting him, "But again I won't have it. If my father has to deal with this I will be right by his side. I'm also quite confident that Merlin will join us too. Knowing what I can already do and knowing my mom is easily a hundred times stronger than me, I can only imagine what Merlin can do. There shouldn't be too many troubles we can't handle."

"No, Mia, you are not coming with us, I won't have it," he countered her. "Your mom and Merlin, fine, but not you."

"Chris, I have to be there, I have to stand by my parents and help them in every way I can."

Chris stood up and started pacing in front of her, his brows set low over his eyes. He stood still in front of her after a few minutes.

"And what about me? Don't I matter at all then? Or the little pup growing inside of you? You want to jeopardize all that?" he ranted. He was getting furious at her stubbornness. Can't she understand I only want to keep her safe?

Mia must have picked up his thoughts.

"How much value to those chairs have, over there?" she asked him.

He followed the direction she was pointing at. It was a new set of teak outdoor furniture. To him it was just furniture, it could be replaced.

"They're not the cheapest, but replaceable if need be," he replied. Now he got curious as to why she wanted to know.

"Look," was all she said as she tipped her head in the direction her finger had pointed in only mere seconds before.

Chris turned and observed.

The chairs started floating in the air, not just one, but all eight of them, joined by the huge table that had stood in the middle of them. She let them flow in different directions, making it obvious she was controlling every single piece separately. As long as they were whirling around you could pick up a slight sway, making it clear they were being controlled in some way.

Mia placed herself in front of Chris facing him. She mumbled a few words in a foreign language and suddenly that sway stopped, and so did all the furniture. Somehow that looked odd, as if they were frozen midair now.

"Yes, Chris, you're seeing it right, I froze them up. I can do that with anything or anyone," she clarified, stressing the last word. "And the group size doesn't matter either, if it's a single one, or ten or a thousand. The freezing is area bound, only now I altered the spell and just made the furniture immobile," she explained. "Now keep watching."

She kept looking at him as he kept his eyes on the furniture as per her request. A breaking sound could be heard and then he noticed that one of the chairs got broken into a million wood splinters that now covered the patio. Wearily he looked at Mia for a second, she was still turned his was, which meant all the things she was doing would surely have to be difficult, she couldn't see what was happening behind her.

One corner of her mouth perked a little, seeing the surprise on his face. She wasn't done yet. With a loud crunching sound, she broke the table in half, separated them and then let the two broken pieces crash into each other. The broken pieces joined the tiny splinters on the deck already.

Her final act contained her splintering the remaining of the frozen chairs all at ones, leaving a huge pile of woodchips. Chris blinked then looked down. A big smile on her face and a look that told him she wouldn't let anyone mess with her. The urge to return her smile bubbled up inside of him, she sure was something.

He looked back at the pile of woodchips, only to notice it was gone.

"Where did it go?"

Mia grinned, "I know of a wood mill not far out of town, they have a huge pile of of the same, only now their pile grew a little bit."

Chris chuckled at her explanation, of course she would come up with something like that.

"Thank you, I guess, for not leaving a mess behind," he gestured at the clean spot where once stood that table and chairs.

He graced her temple with a light brush of his lips before he turned and sat back down. He contemplated what she had shown and told. He couldn't deny she was a force to be reckoned with. He could only imagine how great the power would be of all three of them combined. Four, he correct himself, there was her father too who got a few skills after his mating.

"Actually five, my sweet, you forget yourself," she picked in on his thoughts. "You only found out you can teleport as well, but you will probably get a few more over time. It was like that with my father too."

"I won't make such big of a difference in that regard," he replied.

"You'd be surprised how handy it can be during a fight."

"Have you been in many then?" he countered her.

"The odd one," she admitted, "But that was long ago and was my own fault. Puberty and being a little rebel and not agreeing with the way my mom wanted things, I'll leave it at that."

Chris sighed, it was clear she was able to handle herself, but the knot he had in his stomach wouldn't go away. He couldn't risk losing her, but he was smart enough to realize that she would be joining them one way or the other.

"Still I don't like the idea of going with so few people," he said with a small hint of defeat in his voice, followed by a more firm, "But we'll be out numbered!"

"True, but with Merlin with us, we won't have to hide our heritage and also don't have to hide what we're capable of," she shot back. "There is so much we can do, levitating and teleporting is child's play compared to our full powers. I can do almost anything my mom can, only my range is a bit smaller. I guess that's because I'm only part Ancient, but still."

"I don't know, Mia, I really don't know. My wolf gets too restless knowing you could be in any kind of danger. If not me, then at least consider the new life you're carrying. It would tear me apart if anything happened to either of you," he pleaded.

Mia felt guilt washing over her. His word hit her straight in the heart. For a brief moment she considered giving in, but then she thought about all the other lives that could be at stake. Irrational as her mind was working, the more determent she was to handle this her way.

She walked over to his seat and planted herself on his lap, snaking her arm around his  head, pulling him in for a tight hug.

"Do not think for one second I do not cherish the life we've created. As much as I would like to please you, I am not budging on this. We'll handle it ourselves. I'm sure there are some ways my mom and Merlin will make this work. Trust me on this one, that's all I ask, just this once," she said in a firm, yet pleading voice.

His wolf wanted to howl his displeasure at his mate, how could she act so careless with her, no, their lives? Then her tone got to him as well, could she feel like having to prove herself to him? That she was a worthy mate for him? Didn't she know she already was the center of his very being. His wolf whined inside of him, why couldn't she trust us?

Then her last word hit home, she had asked him to trust her. This wasn't about her not trusting him, she did, else she wouldn't have revealed herself in the first place, he gathered. Could she want this to show him she really is a strong contender when it mattered?

During his inner battle his arms had found their way around her and he tightened his grip.


"Ok, on one condition," he gave in.

"And that is?"

"We'll keep our numbers as low as you want IF you let me bring one person. He isn't pack, but he's as close to a brother as anyone can be. If I would have to trust someone blindly to act in our best interest it would be him," he answered.

Mia gave this some thought, if this was all she had to do with to handle this her way then she would agree.

"It's a deal then," she replied agreeably.

The tension in both their bodies left instantly and both snuggled closer into their embrace getting lost into their own little world once again.

3 comments:

  1. great chapter i can not wait for the next one it was very entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think it is wrong for them not to tell Nick. But then it's your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous.. now I have to wait for it to post to lit so I can fawn over it there..... xxxx

    ReplyDelete