Saturday, May 28, 2011

SIW Chris Whelan Ch 10

Saint Ives - Whelan Chronicles : Christopher Saint Ives – Whelan.

Chapter Ten : Solutions.

Chris saw Ed and Adam were already back at the club. He parked himself next to his own car. They had left his flat in a better mood then he'd arrived, but now the trepidation was returning. He knew they would accept her as his mate, he just wasn't sure about all the "baggage" that came with it. He really would have liked to have Nick on board, he was the Alpha after all. It would make a lot of things a lot easier.

At least Mia hadn’t made a scene when he told her how things had turned out when they went after the rogues. She took it rather easily, maybe she was finally realizing they needed the numbers to confront the MacLachlan pack.

As they made their way over to the back of the club, he had Mia close to his side. Entering his safety code, the door sprang open and they walked the narrow corridor which led to Ed's office in the back of the club.

He announced themselves with a single knock on the door before he opened it. Two pairs of eyes shot up in surprise when they saw Chris entering with a gorgeous woman tucked close to his side.

Ed looked curiously at his brother, Adam just smiled after their initial surprise ebbed away.

"I think you remember Mia? She's my mate," Chris announced nonchalantly.

"I'll be damned. You were jealous of Nick or what?" Adam laughingly stated.

"Not really, but when it happens, it happens," Chris said back.

Ed sniffed the air. "How was it we didn't smell you last Saturday?" he asked in a reserved tone.

"That's why I brought her with me now and also why I said I didn't want the Council involved in this," Chris replied, cutting Mia off.

"I can talk for myself, you know," Mia said as she gave Chris a light blow on his arm.

"A sassy one. Good, you can use a firm hand," Adam teased.

Looking down at Mia Chris asked if she wanted to tell her side of everything first.

"Think that will be the best way." Turning towards Ed and Adam she started, "You know me as Mia Barlow, but in fact my surname is MacLachlan." She paused a second waiting for any visible reaction from the two men in front of her.

Adam visibly tensed up whereas Ed looked more like a blank canvas, not a single emotion readable on his face.

"I see now why you don't want the Council involved," Ed spoke in a clipped tone.

"That's not all of it, Ed. There is more," Chris said.

"Well, do tell, we're waiting."

"I was never part of that pack or any other. It's always been just my parents and me. It's only recently that I have found another family member, thanks to Chris," Mia said as she lovingly looked up to her mate.

"He surprised me with it," she said as she gently gave him a nudge with her shoulder, "but I couldn't have been more happier to meet my grandfather. Even better for my mom to be with her Da again too. From what Chris told me, my grandfather is a person you all know and trust."

Ed's curiosity now showed for the first time. "And who might that be?" he asked.

"It's that old bastard, Ed, you know, Merlin," Chris revealed.

The two other men looked shocked now.

After several minutes of uneasy quietness Ed was the first to speak again.

"You're a MacLachlan, but also Merlin's granddaughter? How do those two things add up?" Ed asked.

"My father is Richard MacLachlan and my mother is Gwenyth Myrddin, only daughter of Merlin," Mia explained then waited again to let the others process the few facts they knew so far.

Ed looked at Chris, who nodded affirmatively.

"I'm starting to understand now why you don't want the Council involved. They don't want to piss off Merlin," Ed said.

"We talked to her parents and Merlin last weekend. Richard is going to confront his father in the near future. That's why I called you the other day," Chris directed at Adam. "I wanted someone with me who I can trust and who would have my back at all times. I didn't know of the attack on Bronwille and when you filled me in on that I figured you'd have other things on your mind. Pigheaded as this lady is, she doesn't want us going down there in big numbers. Just Merlin, her parents and us two. Reluctantly she agreed to let me take one person I trusted. Adam was the first I could think of since I have promised to keep her heritage a secret for now."

Chris gave an apologetic look to his brother. "That's why at first I couldn't say anything, but after we learned of Bronwille's attack she agreed I could tell my brothers. The thing is, Mia is special, not just because of who her parents are, but also because of who her grandfather is. Her mom didn't lose her abilities when she mated Richard. Just the opposite, Richard learned a few things from her. Mia," he said as he pulled her closer again, "is a perfect hybrid of the two. One of the things her mom taught all of them was to mask their scents. That's why we couldn't scent the wolf in her. You know Merlin's little tricks? They're just that, little tricks, they're all capable of so much more."

"If Richard has gotten some neat tricks after his mating," Ed pondered out loud, "didn't you get anything too?"

"He has and he will get more over time. It's a gradual change in him, not really a change, more like enhancing what's already there. Adding little things to the mix," Mia answered instead of Chris.

"There is only one I know of right now, I'm still mastering it," Chris explained.

"What's your new thing then?" Ed asked.

Chris smiled down at Mia, who knew right away what he was up to. Taking a step back he was gone in the same moment. Ed looked surprised. Adam who was sitting sideways in front of the desk had seen Chris disappear as well. His eyes turned into big wide saucers as he saw Chris reappearing behind Ed. A big smile on his face Chris waited a few seconds while he enjoyed Ed's confusion.

Finally he tapped Ed's shoulder, who spun around and was grabbing for the unknown threat, startled to find his brother standing behind his chair.

Ed just stood there, mouth slightly open in disbelief.

"No fucking way. How in the hell did you do that?" Ed asked.

Chris simply tapped his temple. "I just have to think about the location and be sure there is or will be room when I teleport. How do you think I got Jack out of that clearing so fast? Jack wasn't even aware of it that I transported us away."

Ed dropped in his chair, baffled with this little revelation. Chris was a formidable fighter if he wanted to be, but he preferred to keep his battles short and clean. This little trick was a nice addition to his fight style, not to mention all the other possibilities it opened. Looking around he gave Mia a thorough perusal.

Now he knew, he had to admit part of her features reminded him of that old dog. He grinned inwardly, realizing they really had a point when teasing him about his old age, he was a grandfather. Then it dawned on him, the little pieces of the puzzle falling into place. Merlin always lived like a hermit, discouraging every and any kind of confirmation he still lived.

Their pack knew it was an unwritten rule to never mention him outside of pack company. If word were to get out that Merlin was still around and was now tied to the Whelan pack by blood, that would put the Council on edge. Nick was ruler of their territory but globally seen he didn't have the majority on his side.

Seeing the matings had a neat side effect, other packs would be lining up for any future children. They might as well be born with a bulls eye on their head. They'd be in danger from the second they took their first breath. Children? Lives, plural he had said, not willing to lose them? Ed thought.

Ed took another sniff, turned to Chris and a smile crept over his face. You didn't wait long to knock her up, little bro. I understand now why you don't want the Council involved. They would indeed be in danger. We may live by another code but most out there are still a power hungry pack of assholes.

Amusement flashed in Chris' eyes. I see your strategic mind still has eye for every detail. You're going to love that she wants to go after the MacLachlan pack just with her parents, Merlin and me. She didn't want me to tell anyone about our mating until the next full moon.

Mia cleared her throat, "I know you two probably want to play catch up, but there are more people in this room," she said impatiently.

"I was just filling in a few blanks, dear," Chris spoke sweetly. "There isn't much that escapes Ed's keen eye." He knows you're pregnant, sweetie. There is little you can hide from him, he added mentally.

Her eyes turned big then into tiny slits as she eyed Ed.

He just smiled knowingly and winked.

Adam just sat there, looking from one person to another wondering what the hell was going on now. Oh he was surprised as much as Ed was, but he wanted to get on with things.

"Care to fill me in as well so we can move things on? We still have a pack to put in their place!" he said gruffly.

Mia kept looking at Adam. He was huge in every sense of the word. Muscles strained against the tight black T he wore, the black leather pants hugging his legs as if they were a second layer of skin. She could see the tension as he kept contracting the muscles in his upper legs, as if he was trying very hard to stay calm.

"How is Bron?" Mia addressed Adam.

"She sounded calm but looked like a hellfire cat last time I saw her. She isn't answering any of my calls or doesn't open up when I stop by. How do you think she is?" Adam shot back.

"Coping with everything her way. Chris told you about before?"

Adam nodded.

"Give her time. I'll check in on her this evening and let you know, ok? She won't even know I'm there, just like the previous time."

"How are you going to do that? Be a cat burglar?"

Mia had to laugh. She pointed to Chris and said, "Poof. He only knows one trick, I know everything. I'm assuming you're familiar with Merlin?" She hinted at his close friendship with the brothers.

Adam nodded again, it was true he was one of the few outside of the pack that knew Merlin, he'd seen a thing or two when Merlin was showing off in front of the little pups.

"As Chris explained I'm a hybrid, I am as much wolf as I am Ancient. Not as powerful as my mom, but I'm good enough to stay undetected if I want to be," she explained, giving Adam a little wink.

"So you're going to check in on Bronwille and then we can sort out the pack," Adam went on.

"No. You will not deal with the pack. My father will. Mom, Merlin, Chris and me will back him up," Mia replied heatedly.

"Are you sure you are all able to keep on top of things?" Ed intervened.

"You have no idea what we can do. My father is done hiding. He's going to confront his dad. Merlin offered to intervene but he understands it's Da that has to do this, so he'll accompany us as backup. My mom told me a lot of her childhood, you do not want to piss off Merlin," she answered.

"Sweetie, if Adam wants to come, he can. Remember you said I could bring one more and I intended to ask Adam," Chris reminded her.

"I'm coming as well," Ed said. Looking at Mia he went on, "I can partly understand you want to solve this with as little people as possible. Just think of it as reassurance. If two of the three Whelans are on your doorstep you should think twice before doing anything stupid."

Mia growled low in her chest. She hated being told what to do, but she had to see reason. It seemed Ed was the smarter brother, he didn't even try to convince her to bring the pack, just himself. Relaxing her posture again, she nodded her consent.

"When do you think is a good time to settle this?" she asked.

"From what we’ve learned they were almost on their way. Jack told us they were only supposed to stay away for a week, and that is the day after tomorrow. We'll have to work fast to get this thing going forward," Ed answered.

"Clear some room, I'll get my parents here, my mom can contact Merlin and he can be here in a second."

"Clear the room for what?"

"Adam, you really have to ask after what I just showed you I could do?" Chris laughed.

"You‘ve got a point there, mate. Come on, let's get this show on the road."

While the men made some room Mia knocked on her mother's mental barricade and told her to get right over with Da, that they had some new things to report. Mia added to contact Merlin as well.

Not much later they all arrived. Greetings were exchanged. Ed couldn't help but tease Merlin with his grandfather status. Mia let it all wash over her how easy they all got along. Not once did anyone hint at the fact they had lived as rogues themselves. Chris must have picked up part of her thoughts. It's going to be all right, baby, don't worry so much, he soothed her. She cuddled closer in response.

Looking around she knew she was now in the company of a few very strong and capable men. She smiled when she studied her mom. She looked so very much alive again, as if she’d gotten her second wind.

When her parents and Merlin were brought up to date on the past events they agreed to let Ed and Adam come along. They were almost done planning with how to go ahead when Richard asked if they knew the name of the one locked up.

"It's someone called Jack," Ed answered. "He didn't put up much of a fight and cooperated all the time."

Richard paled when he heard that name.

"Everything ok, dear?" Gwen asked, concerned at the sudden change in her mate.

"There aren't many Jack's in the pack. One of them was my younger brother."

Everybody was surprised now.

"Ed, I have to see him." Worried and anxious at the same time, he sat down. His baby brother. He shook his head in denial, he couldn't believe Jack would have a part in all of this.

Ed sympathized with the man who suddenly looked like he had been hit by a train.

"We can't just go down there, but we might get him out of there unnoticed," he said as he looked towards Chris. "The other cells are empty, you could go to one of them, then to Jack's and then come back here?"

"You're too smart for your own good, brother dearest," Chris acknowledged. "I'll do just that, just keep enough room here. I'm only just learning this thing so I might be an inch off."

"You can't be an inch off, that alone can get you killed. I'll go with you. You can take us there, you know where to go. I'll just follow you and get us all back here, I won't be an inch off," Mia interrupted.

Chris growled a little, not liking her to get close to Jack.

"Stop the attitude, Chris. Teleporting is one thing, bringing someone with you is a whole other matter. Don't overestimate your ability, son," Merlin agreeably spoke.

"Fine, fine, doesn't mean I have to like it," Chris relented.

* * * *

Chris ported to the cell next to Jack's. A second later Mia appeared in front of him. He pulled her in a tight hug as his lips sought hers in a hard, fast kiss.

<i>Focus, Chris,</i> she smiled up at him. "You go in there first, tell him what's up. Just signal me when it's ok for me to join you and port us all out." Mia felt his reluctance and hoped to placate that feeling with telling him she wanted to be extra careful now. It seemed to work as she felt his arms relax just a little.

"I'll knock on your door when it's time," he whispered in her ear as he tapped her temple with a finger, silently telling her how he'd contact her.

Taking a step back he closed his eyes and focused on the sounds in the cell next to theirs. He heard a steady heartbeat and relaxed breathing, both things telling him Jack was asleep. In a flash he stood inside the other cell, looking down at the sleeping form of Jack, who was curled up on the bed.

Chris made sure that his wolf was present as he gently prodded Jack, hoping to wake him up without startling the man.

Yawning, Jack stretched out and looked around, getting his bearings. He slumped once he realized where he was. His eyes shot up when he noticed Chris standing in front of him. He gave the man a puzzled look, he hadn't heard the door open or close, Jack wondered how he'd gotten inside.

"Be quiet," Chris whispered, "and I'll explain everything."

Jack nodded.

"I'm going to get you out of here. There are a few loose ends that have appeared and that need to be tied up. You will be brought back here, but we don't want the guard in any trouble," Chris explained.

Again Jack nodded. He knew there wasn't much he could do. He was in their hands, at their mercy.

"I'm going to port you to the cell on the other side of that wall. My mate is waiting there," he said, stressing the word mate, "and she'll port us to where we need to be. Once we get there we'll explain everything. You don't try anything, you don't make a sound, if you do, it's the end of you. I don't care who you are, understand?" Chris ended.

"I understand," Jack whispered his reply.

"Get up unless you want to fall on your butt when we get to the other side," Chris instructed him.

Getting up, Jack rolled his muscles, trying to get rid of the stiffness.

"I'm ready when you are," Jack said.

"Close your eyes, it's easier that way." We're coming, sweetheart.

Chris grabbed Jack the moment he closed his eyes and in a heartbeat he stood in the other cell. Jack stumbled a little, opening his eyes, not sure what had happened. He noticed the beautiful woman standing next to Chris. She looked familiar and there was something about her scent that called to his wolf. He didn’t get any time to go into it as Chris ordered him to close his eyes again.

Mia grabbed the hands of both men and in a flash they appeared in the back room in "The Viper".

Immediately Mia searched for her Da and watched his reaction. The stumble and the paling in his face was enough for her to know the man they brought here was her uncle.

Jack looked around as well, recognizing the two men from before. They sat relaxed in their chairs, though had a watchful and alert eye on him as he looked further around the room. He saw another woman who resembled the one who took them out of the cell. It was only when he looked at the next person he got the shock of his life.

"Richard?" he barely managed to say before he rushed to the other side and almost crushed his long lost brother in a tight hug. He didn't care how he looked, his brother was alive. Realization dawned on him that the few rumors he'd heard must have been true. His brother wasn't dead, but somehow managed to survive.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I should have stopped them," he spoke softly, tears freely flowing down over his cheeks.

An equally emotional Richard returned the tight grip his baby brother had on him. "I'm as much to blame as you. I should have come back for you once I got the chance!"

In the meantime Ed's mind was working, sifting through the facts they knew, the way people acted. It was becoming clear to him that Jack wasn't like the other two that lost their lives. He was starting to be pretty convinced Jack was a victim of a situation he was unable to escape from and his only option was to make the best of it. Ed was also convinced Jack had done things he wasn't proud of, but had to if he wanted to stay alive all this time.

He just wondered why Jack never tried to leave in the first place. Was their dad the Alpha really such a calculated piece of shit? Either way, the time had come to put things back in order. Right now he needed more answers and Jack was the one who could give them.

Clearing his throat he tried getting the attention of the two brothers.

"Jack, it's ok now. We'll figure this out," Richard said as he gently tried to break their embrace. Still overwhelmed himself he didn't want to break contact either, so he understood his brother clinging to him. When growing up it was the only affectionate touches he'd received.

Throwing his arms around his brother, he guided Jack towards one of the free chairs and motioned for him to sit down. He took the chair next to him, keeping their physical distance to a minimum.

"Tell me, how did things get so out of hand? I know the old man is crazy, but kidnapping and forced matings? That's even beyond imaginable. And how did you get caught up in this shit?" Richard asked in a gentle manner.

Jack took a few deep breaths. The time was here to come clean. At first he was just going to go along with all they would tell him to do, but being reunited with his brother, that made things even more important.

"Not long after you went away he sent the Betas after you. He told them to make sure you would never return. I wanted to follow them, really I did! Mom's brother stopped me, told me if I followed you, you weren't going to be the only who'd die that night. He explained why I needed to stay. Act as some kind of buffer between our dad and the pack. I didn't listen at first, I still wanted to go after you. But I was still a pup back then and after some serious talking our uncle persuaded me to stay.

"He knew I didn't agree with what dad was doing, he didn't either. He wanted us to stay to help those who would be cast out or punished. The Betas came back telling dad you wouldn't be a problem anymore. We all assumed you‘d died. Days turned into weeks, weeks into months. Little by little rumors travelled back to the camp that you didn't die, but that you came across some kind of witch who saved you."

Jack looked up at the woman, letting out a small grunt.

"I'm no witch, young man, so you better think twice before ever calling me that again," Gwen said.

"Sweetie, calm down. Remember not everybody believes your heritage. How were they supposed to know?" Richard soothingly spoke at Gwen. Turning back to Jack he went on, "She is right though, she isn't a witch. She's an Ancient, and she is my mate. I'd urge you to address her as such. You do not want to piss her off." Richard smiled innocently at his mate, having been on the receiving end of her temper once or twice.

"But to get back on track, Jack. The rumors got back to the camp. Did they believe them or not?"

"At first I was hopeful, but after a few more months nothing more was said. I mean nothing, not even contact with other packs, as if we were cut off completely. Despite what our uncle told me I wanted to know what our father was up to. Specially now he didn't have the alliance he so craved. I tried listening to one of his meetings, but he caught me. He didn't ask any questions, he simply beat the shit out of me. Once more I realized how sick a person he’d become and only then did I truly confront myself with what our uncle told me.

"It was clear I wasn't strong enough to take him on, challenge him for the Alpha position, so I decided to play along, making sure he trusted me. I walked a very thin line, trying not to compromise myself, yet stay credible. I did things I'm not proud of, things that still haunt me in my dreams. Once he started using our own women and young adult women as pure breeding stock I knew something had to happen.

"Over the years uncle had figured out a way to use a drug to make them appear dead. He had a route he used to take them away from pack land, provide them with enough food and cash. Since our numbers were always low it took a while before dad figured out something was wrong. He ordered the mated couple to always be with child. Once they were born, he'd let the mothers wean them their first year, but after that they were taken away and were brought up by males only.

"Howie is an example of that, zero respect towards a woman. I tried to talk him out of it, but dad wouldn't budge. He wanted a vicious group of warriors who didn't give a shit about things and always followed his orders. Every female that was born was promised to one of them the day she entered her young adulthood. From the minute they were of legal consent age, these young women got jumped upon. It was them we tried to take away from the pack before they reached that age," Jack explained. He just stared in front of him now, a weight being lifted off his shoulders now he could tell everything.

A glass of water was held before him. With a thankful nod he took the glass and emptied it in one gulp.

"We convinced them it was a mysterious illness that took their lives. Over time our female numbers only got lower and lower, those who were mated didn't get into heat as much as he wanted to. That was when he started sending out his few chosen ones to bring in humans. I cringed every time I saw a new female entering our grounds. Being raised with no respect for women, most of them turned up beaten, their clothes torn and ripped.

"I didn't want this, but I didn't know how to help them. Our uncle provided me with painkillers which I tried to give them whenever I could. I bided my time, still hoping one day I could challenge him and end it all. I don't know how he does it but he hasn't lost his strength at all. It's more like he's gaining.

"And now he‘s got it into his mind I should get a mate and have pups of my own. I tried to persuade him otherwise, but he wouldn't relent. He sent me away together with those two misfits. It's actually the first time I got out of our compound. That first evening Howie came back with one of those woman, she seemed totally out of it, her clothes in disarray.

"He said the next woman he'd bring back would be for me, he didn't leave me any choice. I already had it planned out what I would do. I'd never take a woman against her will, let alone mate with one. When back at the camp I would try to explain as much as possible, convince her I would do my best to keep her safe and get her out of this.

"The next day Howie returned with the second woman, in the same state as the first.  Frank was the one being a pain, that he wanted a redhead. I took this as an opportunity to make our stay longer, so I kept telling him to go look for one." Again Jack stopped for a while, gathering his thoughts. He didn't like telling this but he had to, he had to tell.

Looking at the empty glass in his hands, he let out a tired sigh.

"Howie was getting restless," Jack continued. "He pretended to be asleep and Frank talked me into going with him to look for the last woman, that was on Friday. We were hidden behind the club when he spotted her. He wanted to take her right there, but he couldn't. She had two friends with her." Jack looked up, straight into Mia's eyes. "Now I know why you looked familiar, you're one of her friends!" he said, surprised.

Mia nodded. "Be glad you didn't try to take her then, you wouldn't even be sitting here…"

Jack visibly gulped. Knowing teleporting wasn't something a normal were could do only meant that the people surrounding him, his brother included, were a force to be reckoned with.

"Frank insisted on staying put, he wanted that woman badly and was getting restless. After a few hours we saw two of her friends depart. I knew there were other weres around but I couldn't really make out which rank they had. Guess I know that now," he shrugged. "Not much later the one Frank wanted came into the alley, she was walking towards her car. I tried my best to control Frank, but he was close to losing it. His temper had been building for a few hours now. He backed her into a corner and started groping her."

Adam growled when he heard this part of his story.

Hesitantly Jack peeked at Adam, trying to see how his mood was.

"Frank was so riled up he wanted to mate her right there and then, ignoring the Alpha's command. He tried ripping off her clothes, but I tried to stop him. I pulled her to me in the hope I could shield her away from him, but he wouldn't have it. He pulled her back. All this time she was screaming and yelling. That's when you showed up," Jack said, nodding towards Adam.

"Think we all know how things went after that. I pretended to put up a fight, but once I saw Frank had no chance whatsoever he bolted and I followed him. When we got back to the camp I realized what the underlying meaning of Frank had been in insisting I go with him. I was furious but I couldn't do much, I'm strong but Howie fights mean and he's ten times as vicious after he‘s had his way with a woman, two in this case."

"He won't be able to do that anymore, ever," Ed interrupted. "Shame he didn't put up more of a fight. Our pups fight better."

A few emotions crossed Jack's face.  One was fear, taking in how easy Ed talked about disposing of Howie.  The other was relief, knowing Howie's cruel days were over. Looking at Adam he assumed Frank got a similar scenario. Once a wolf found his mate, whether they bonded or not, he was a fierce creature you didn’t want to cross paths with. He counted himself lucky he was still alive.

He knew of the Whelan reputation, they handled things fairly, they didn’t resort to violence much. That they took this course of action only meant more was going on. Going silent for a while he tried adding things up. Chris hadn't really fought him, just subdued him as fast as possible, tied him up.

They didn't beat the crap out of him either because he cooperated right away. He had noticed they had locked him away but there hadn't been much movement around the big mansion they took him to. And there was the way they "busted" him out. He still went woozy thinking about that.

Of course he knew werewolves weren't the only other beings walking the earth, but he had no clue as to how this all was possible. Then there was the fact his brother was here, the second woman was clearly attached to him. Giving her another look he noticed how similar she appeared to the slightly younger woman that had brought them here. Were they related?

The biggest question left was who that tall man was. Not once had he spoken, he'd only observed everything. Who was he? What was his role in all of this? His mind was slowly going crazy with possibilities and it showed.

"Take it easy, little bro, we'll explain. Just know our dad will be dealt with. We're going to need your help. Normally we had already decided to confront him in a few days. I've had enough with all this hiding. Specially now my daughter is mated to Chris," Richard told his brother.

Jack's eyes shot up in surprise. So he'd been right. Mother and daughter. Looking from one to the other, it clicked, they really did look much alike. It also explained why Richard was now involved. He was now part of the Whelan family. Jack smiled. Everything was falling into place now.

"Anything you want, grumpy," Jack said, using their childhood nicknames.

"We need to know how many members there are and how many really support our dad and who would be easily swayed?"

"That's easy. He's got an elite squad living in the surrounding buildings. They won't be swayed. There's fifteen of them. The rest of the pack is living in the shacks in the back. Even the mated females live there. They don't mind at all since it's the only protection they have from the elite squad. Their mates keep them pregnant, though we made sure not all pregnancies go beyond three weeks.

They're safe from their mate until they go into heat and get pregnant again. At first they had their pups, but they're taken away and raised to be part of the elite squad. After a lot of talking and discussing they agreed to terminate the pregnancies early on. They knew they couldn't escape. The few that tried were tracked down, raped and beaten to within an inch of their lives. That's why they agreed with the early terminations. They're hoping, just as me, that one day they would be free, but they didn't want to strengthen the pack," Jack ended with a sigh.

"He's really lost it, hasn't he?" Richard asked.

"You have no idea. It was one thing to try and broker a mating with another pack to merge, but what he's doing now is beyond me. He's not sane anymore. Our uncle and me can't stand up to him, his squad would crush us instantly. So I faked as much as I could to stay close to him. To know what he's up to. That way I could stall or prevent little things from happening.

"Because of us, he hasn't got the numbers he wanted. Sadly as a result he ordered his men to start kidnapping women and force a turn on them. Most don't survive the change and those that do are forced to mate with the one that abducted them. It's such a mess. The things he made me do." He shook his head, defeated. "But I knew if I didn't do them I couldn't help those women anymore. My status as his only son gave me the privilege to walk around unhindered. Every time he thought I was having my way with one of those women, it was because I was passing on medication, either to terminate a pregnancy or to tend to their wounds.

"The times he publically ordered me to do beatings were heartbreaking. I was afraid the guilt would be written on my face for all to see. But the women reassured me they understood. They knew the risks I was taking to help them, so in turn they endured the rare beatings I was commanded to do."

Jack stood up and started pacing. Glad he wouldn't have to hide his true feelings anymore, it should have felt as a huge relief knowing their dad's reign was going to be over soon. But all those things came crashing back into his mind. Replaying themselves like a very bad B-movie.

Richard stopped his pacing and pulled him in for a tight hug. "It's ok, little bro. in a few days it will all be over. We're going over there to stop this. And when we're done you're going to take over that pack and you are going to show them how it's done."

Jack felt comforted when his brother first hugged him, but then he was startled by his words.

"I can't be the Alpha. You're the elder brother, it's your task to do," Jack protested.

"Normally I would have done that, but now you are here it's clear to me you would be the right person for that position. They know you, they know what you endured for all those years. They will trust you more than they would me. I will help you, no worries about that, but you need to be their Alpha, not me. Once you're settled and things calm down I might actually start exploring the world a little."  He gave a quick wink towards his mate as he went on.  "After such a long time of hiding I want to spread my wings and visit the places my mate told such wonderful stories about."

Everybody had intently listened to all that had been said, specially Merlin. He couldn't help but smile, things indeed would work out, he would let them handle as much as they could on their own.  But nonetheless he promised himself to make sure everything would turn out the way it should be. He had a few tricks up his sleeve the wolves didn't know about and he was quite sure one of them would be coming in handy real soon.

Stepping up Merlin cleared his throat and said, "Let's pick a day and time and get this show on the road. I believe we have a tyrant to get rid of. It's been a while since I was in a good fight." To strengthen his words he fisted one hand and punched into his other hand.

Ed chuckled at those words.  "Merlin, you're going to use your fists to fight? I want to see that. I'll order tickets for some front row seats."

Jack's eyes widened as he turned towards the tall man they had addressed as Merlin. Probing his mental connection with his brother he asked him, Is that Merlin as in the legendary Merlin?

The one and only, his brother replied. He's my father-in-law, though we only met recently. We always stayed hidden and kept to ourselves. But once Mia mated with Chris we were happily surprised to find out he was still alive. When my mate and her Da saw each other again, well it was just a joy to see them together again. It's literally been centuries since they saw each other.

I see I've gotten some powerful allies then, Jack replied.

There is little we can't handle with all those present in the room, so trust me when I say we‘ve got everything covered. As he said, day and time and we're all set to make our father stop this madness

Jack beamed, now he felt as if everything was coming to an end.

"So, how are we going to get organized?" Jack threw his question out to the group.

"That depends a bit on the fact of when there's the least activity in your pack grounds?" Ed replied with a question.

"Best time would be in the morning. The squad tends to drink a lot in the evening and sleep in late. We wouldn't get much opposition then. If we handle it smart we could even secure the women first, making sure nothing will happen to them," Jack answered.

"If you come with me and warn the women, I can port us all out until we're at a safe distance. I'll port you back right away and then I'll stay with the women to reassure them all is fine," the soft voice of Mia mixed in their conversation.

Chris smiled and pulled her closer. Again his sweetheart surprised him. She knew he didn't like her coming with them in her delicate state and this was a nice way for her to feel part of the confrontation yet be at a safe distance.

I'm glad I found a smart and reasonable mate in you, sweetheart, he told her when he nuzzled her neck lovingly.

Don't get carried away, love, this is the best for the women. My mom is a lot stronger than me so she's the better choice to stay with you all. And well I do believe the women will feel more at ease with a stranger woman with them instead of another male. I got the feeling that Jack will want a word with his father too.

As always you are quite right. As I said a smart and reasonable mate, Chris teased her again.

Mia shook her head in defeat.  He was incorrigible, but she loved it, every second of his teasing made her feel loved just that little bit more.

They all gathered around the big desk where Ed had placed a map that indicated where other werewolf territory was. Jack explained where exactly his pack was located, pointed to three possible escape routes and pointed to two large areas that would be ok to port to.

Merlin told them he would explore the areas and make sure they had enough room for them to arrive and on the other location to host the women. He also said he would make sure Mia knew where she had to port to.

They agreed to meet up at dawn in two days' time. Richard insisted on Jack going with Gwen and himself. It was clear he wouldn't pose any threat nor that he would try to escape. Ed said he'd take care of that situation since the guard at the mansion didn't know he was guarding an empty cell. He'd dismiss him from his duties and tell him later the person that was detained was moved and that he had to keep quiet about everything.

When Mia parents, together with Jack, Merlin and Adam were gone, Ed signaled for Chris to stay. Mentally he told him he needed another word with him in private, without Mia.

"Mia, sweetheart, would you mind going back to the apartment? Seems Ed wants to discuss another matter of importance. I'm sure it won't take long," Chris asked his mate. Knowing his brother he was well aware he wouldn't just ask him to stay behind.

Giving him a slightly puzzled look Mia stood on her tiptoes and brushed his lips, then looked over to Ed.

"Whatever it is you need to discuss, just make sure I have my mate with me in fifteen minutes. I have plans for him," she directed at Ed, giving him a wink.

Ed couldn't help but burst out laughing.  "I'm sure it won't take long, he'll be at your side soon enough. You two look like a perfect match. And with everybody gone I think I can safely congratulate you two now," he said as his eyes dropped to her tummy.

Blushing lightly she accepted his kind words. "Just keep it to yourself until everything is settled. Having you two and my mom knowing is enough for the time being. I don't want to worry the others and have them thinking I can't do anything or help."

"You made the right choice, Mia. You are helping, probably more then you want to give yourself credit for. Those women will be glad to have you with them while we take care of the rest. I don't know your powers, but if you can only do a little from what we've seen from Merlin over the years… Well I think it speaks for itself then, don't it?" Ed tried to reassure her.

"True, I've never had to use my full powers. I've kept them hidden mostly but I know enough to keep myself and others safe."

"Sweetheart, the few little things you showed me make me confident enough you can take care of yourself, so don't worry about that. My only concern is now growing in your womb. I just don't want you to get hurt in any way. I know I teased you before with calling you smart and reasonable, but I meant those words. I am glad you're seeing reason that staying with us while we confront that Alpha could hurt you. I'm proud because of what you decided to do. Though I would still feel more at ease if we had our full pack backing us up. You know numbers and all that," Chris jumped in.

"I know, but for now this is something my Da has to settle first. If after that the pack wants repercussions for their trespassing, I'll step back and let you handle that as you see fit."

"Hmm, now that you mention that, it's why I wanted to have a word with Chris, but since you brought it up, I think you might as well stay. Nick gave me full authority to handle the rogue situation. Neither of us was aware which proportions this would grow into. I'm fully aware of why you didn't want to bring in the pack and I understand now why Chris asked me to keep the Council out of this.

"Normally I would go straight to Nick now and get him up to speed on everything. However, and I may regret this, I am going to wait before I do that. He's too wrapped up in Fran at the moment to focus on anything else. I'd rather have his full attention when he gets told of all of this. Seeing the trespassing only happened in our territory we can keep this out of the Council and I'm sure Nick will see this the same way.

"I'm only going to ask you, Mia, to ask your parent to keep Jack under lock and key. I haven't spoken up about it because I could see that man had been through enough, I didn't want him sent back to our holding cells. He can accompany us for the confrontation, but otherwise he stays put. I'm sure being brothers they have enough to talk about for that not being a great nuisance," Ed concluded.

"We can fill in Nick after the full moon run. Mia will be joining us then and I'll introduce her to the pack. Fran will be surprised as well finding one of her best friends there," he said as he winked at Mia, who gained a light shade of red on her cheeks.

"That sounds like an ideal way to handle this. Mia, when Nick knows everything, I can't say what he'll do. It's likely he'll sanction some kind of punishment. They were trespassing, and he can't just let that be accepted without consequences. I hope you understand that?" Ed said.

"I know. I'm already pushing things with keeping this low profile and you don't know how thankful I am for that," Mia replied.

Ed chuckled. "I think I know someone who will know how thankful you are."

Mia's eyes widened. "Are you all this bad or what?"

"Welcome to the family, I'd say," Ed answered as he pulled her in his arms and gave her a friendly hug. "I think we've covered everything now, so why don't you and Chris go home and enjoy a little one on one time?"

Mia just rolled her eyes as Chris pulled her back into his arms. "What we do is our business brother, you be smart and keep your nose out of it!" Chris teased his brother.

I know just where I want to be right now, sweetheart, Chris told Mia, just before he grabbed her close and ported out, leaving behind a stunned Ed.

Ed shook his head, he was going to have to get used to his little brother having a few extra treats now.

At the other side of town Chris had ported them right in front of his bed.

"Home, sweet home," he whispered softly in her neck, taking a deep breath inhaling her sweet aroma.

"What I'd like to see now is you, naked, on the middle of that bed. You ain't leaving it for the next twenty four hours," he said in a serious tone that brooked no resistance.

Mia looked at him and caught the passion filled look in his eyes. Slowly she started undressing, dropping her clothes where she stood. When she was naked she reached out for Chris, wanting to do the same for him, but he shook his head.

"I said you, naked, on that bed. It's still empty, I didn't ask you to undress me," was his stern reply to her gesture.

Turning around, she placed one knee on the bed, followed by the other and slowly she crawled towards the middle before turning around and sitting down. With her legs drawn up and slightly open, giving him a glimpse of her glistening pussy, her arms stretched a bit behind her, so her breasts were thrust upwards, inviting him to touch them.

"Now this is almost like a good little girl, but I'm in charge here, not you, not now, but me," he growled softly.

"Lie down," was his next command.

Silently she complied, familiar titillations traveling over her skin as she gauged his mood.

"Now spread your arms and legs," he commanded.

She smiled as she finally saw that raw dominant side of him again, the same side she saw during their first time. Trust is what he wanted, no demanded, of her now. Willingly she spread her arms, reaching outwards to each end of his bed.

"Hmm you're learning," he said seductively as he closed in on the bed.

Lightly trailing a finger from her foot up to her knee, continuing over her thigh and torso, skillfully avoiding touching her heaving breasts, he made his way to her wrist. He picked it up and kissed the palm of her hand, then each tip of her fingers before lowering it again, never releasing it from his grip. Reaching behind her with his free hand, he pulled at a small lever and he came back with a thick rope.

He gave her a serious look and a gentle squeeze in her wrist, indicating what he wanted to do and silently wanting her consent to do so. Mia just smiled and shivered in anticipation. Carefully he tied up her wrist, stood up and then slowly made his way towards her other wrist, repeating the process of kissing her palm and finger tips and then tying her up.

Bending over her, he kissed the tip of her nose, moving to her cheeks and chin before lingering above her lips. Eyes wide open his tongue touched her lips in a delicate manner, following their contours before nipping her lower lip. Mia moaned and writhed on the bed, pulling at the bonds which kept her upper body in place.

Chris was being evil, he was hovering over her, still fully clothed and yet he didn't touch her.

"Behave my little druid, you know how well good girls are rewarded," he whispered against her lips before slanting his over hers, demanding entry to her warm mouth.

All she could do was moan and answer his bold moves with her own. Suddenly she jerked up as he pinched her swollen nipple. He didn't touch her in any other way. She wanted to plead but knew mentally scolding him wouldn't help her and verbally he was preventing any coherent sound from escaping her mouth.

Deepening their kiss he surprised her again when he pinched her other nipple the same way he'd done the other just moments before.

A second later he left her gasping for air as he moved his lips from her mouth to the junction between her shoulder and neck, trailing her mating mark with the tip of his tongue. She squirmed below him as he touched the tiny marks, a moment later he had her in a strong hold as she felt his canines press against those same marks.

Tilting her head in surrender she acknowledged she was his and the content growl she heard vibrating deep in his chest only added to her own needs. Once again he was driving her deliciously insane with need and longing for something she wanted and knew wouldn't get until he was done with whatever he had set out to do. Giving a last nip at her marks, he got up a little and licked them clean as his last bite broke her skin.

"You're being demanding, little druid of mine, but at least you're aware of who you belong to; namely me, only me," he said as he locked their eyes.

Mia saw the pure love reflected in them and she gave in to her stubbornness just a little as she agreed with his words and said, "Only you, always you."

"You got that right, sweetheart. Now where was I? Oh yeah, I was tying you up when I got distracted by those lush red lips of yours," he said before he brushed his own over them before making a wet trail over her body, skillfully avoiding her breasts again.

Tenderly he picked up one leg and marked his downward journey with loads of wet kisses along the way. When he reached her foot, he lowered it in his lap and gave a short massage, before reaching at the corner of the bed and reappearing with a think rope similar to the ones he used on her wrists. Once he assured himself she was tied securely but not in any discomfort he repeated the same on her other leg, ending again with a brief massage of her foot and securing that one in the same fashion as the other.

Standing up he looked at the tempting view she presented to him now, arms and legs spread out, her pussy on display, her breast going up and down with her shallow breaths. He smiled and licked his lips. There were two more things he needed to do to drive her completely mad with need.

Going to one of the side tables he pulled out a proper blindfold and gestured for her to lift up her head. Once the black piece of fabric was in place he waved his hands a few times in front of her, making sure she didn't see anything. A devilish smile appeared as he silently walked around the bed to the other side table and pulled out one of those famous phallus shaped sex toys.

The remote control he dropped in one of his pockets. The next thing he took out looked like a weir contraption, but was a simple combination of soft leather strings that served as a little helper keeping his little toy in place.

With well-placed touches and nudges he was able to lay part of it under her. It was tempting just to bend down and get lost in her sweet aroma, but he wanted her on the edge, wanted her mad with lust and need. Most of all he wanted her unconditional trust, the same he experienced during their first time.

Once he got the straps laid out under her, he grabbed the vibrator. His thumb hovered over her clit before pressing down and making a circular motion. Then he opened her up and teased her with the head of the vibrator, sliding it in little by little until it was buried inside her wet hole.

He could see her biting her lip trying not to make a sound. Chris smiled, he didn't know how she instinctively knew he liked her quiet during this but welcomed any sound she would make as a sign she couldn't handle any more.

"You know what I want from you?" he asked, making sure she was still doing ok.

Mia nodded in response.

"Good, that's all I need to know for now."

With that said he made quick work of tying up the leather straps trapping the vibrator. Once he was done he gave his handiwork a quick inspection before standing up again. Going around he bent over her and gave her a quick kiss on the lips, straightened up and simply said, "I'll be back in a little bit, try not to move, I'll know."

Making his way over to the door, he pulled out the remote controller for the vibrator, then made it sound like he left the room by opening and closing the door. Turning around he silently stalked over to the large antique rocking chair, next to the door, that had an excellent view of Mia.

Sitting down, he just looked at her. She lay perfectly still, her breathing even and relaxed. Before he walked away he had noticed she still had her hands fisted, a little aid that helped her stay in control of her feelings, checking them now he saw she had them relaxed and open. He was convinced she didn't like that he had walked out on her and left her all tied up and with a vibrator inserted in her wet hole.

A few seconds more, he thought as he kept studying her naked form.

He smiled as a few moments later he turned a little knob on the controller, activating that phallus in her pussy. He saw her tense up as the vibrations travelled through her and surprised her. He watched at the little effort she was displaying in lying still, her hands balled up into fists once more.

Turning off the device, he saw her relax again. He smiled as he sensed the waves of frustration emanating from her. It was tempting to just step up to her, rip the vibrator from her body and insert his own hard member. Now it was his turn to bite his lip, calming his wolf as he saw their mate fighting her own battle in the middle of the bed.

Again he waited for a while, studying her every move or lack thereof.

Turning the controller, he upped the vibrations this time. He could see her tense up and wanting to move. She grasped at her bonds as he upped the vibrations. She was panting and gasping and fighting hard not to move and try and get some friction in her nether regions.

Their games for that night started. A whole hour he tormented her with turning the vibrator on and off in irregular intervals. He got up and stalked over to her.

"You really are a good little girl, my little druid," he spoke close to her ear. He saw the surprise in her body language as it dawned on her he actually never left the room in the first place and had deliberately tortured her in the sexual way.

"Ready for more?" he asked as he rubbed her sensitive lower lips, stopping just above her clit. "Ready for me?" he kept on teasing simultaneously opening his pants with his other hand and tugging them down as much as he could.

He bit back a sigh of relief when he freed his hard member and gave if a few light strokes to ease some of the tension that had built up in him. He smiled down at Mia, she was his perfect match in everything. He followed the leather straps to her sides and undid them, not bothering to remove them, just letting them drop to the sides. When he removed the vibrator it was slick with her juices and he couldn't resist taking a sniff, her scent clouding his mind.

Climbing on top of her he did his best not to touch her, simply to torment her a bit more. Taking his hard cock in his hand he explored her wet folds with the tip of it. The strain he saw on her upper restraints was proof of how good his teasing was. Then she gasped as he pushed in in one swift movement, burying himself completely inside of Mia. Keeping still he relished in the warmth enveloping him, together with her feelings of unconditional love and surrender to him, her mate, her friend, her lover, her dominant.

And so their lovemaking started and lasted for the entire twenty four hours he promised her. Only to be stopped for a brief nap, or Chris going to the kitchen to get them food or a needed bathroom break. Most of that time Mia spent tied up in some way. Tied to the bed, restrained on her own. Chris enjoyed many of his fantasies that night, only one he didn't fulfill, one he kept to himself for now, but one he vowed to himself he would indulge in when the time was right, but he'd have to wait a few months for that to be possible.

It was in the late hours of the next day when Mia finally pleaded to him to stop, that she couldn't take no more. Proud of his little druid, he removed all of her bonds and gently cradled her in his arms after he pulled the sheets over them and both slipped into a blissful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment