Friday, July 8, 2011

SIW Chris Whelan ch 13 Teaser.

* * * *

All this time Fran was listening intently, soaking up each and every detail. Her world had been turned upside down with meeting Nick and now it was shaken again with everything Mia was telling her.

"All this time and I never once suspected anything," Fran shook her head in disbelief.

"I know, but believe me it was for the best you didn't know, at least not back then. Everything is sorted now and mom and Da don't have to hide anymore. You'll hear about it soon enough, but for now I prefer just to enjoy being here. I'm finally home and I still have you." Mia turned and hugged Fran.

Taking a sniff, she smiled. "You have a wonderful scent, Madam."

"What's with the Madam thing? I noticed a few others calling me that as well."

"Sweetie, you're the Alpha's mate. Top dog. Hence that position making you Alpha Madam. Most address Nick with Alpha and they'll address you with Madam. It's how the ranks work. It shows their respect towards you. You kinda have to tell them straight out if you want someone addressing you by your name," Mia explained.

"I see. Well, Mia, just stick with Fran, ok? That way I'll keep a bit of normalcy in this crazy world I‘ve stumbled upon."

"You got that right, I would have nagged you endlessly," Mia teased her friend.

"So what are your plans now? Being the Madam will take up some if not most of your time," Mia asked next.

"Funny you ask. You know the interview I had and we were out celebrating for? Guess how surprised I was when my 'boss' walked in that Monday morning."

"Oh go on, now you're keeping me in suspense here!"

"It was Nick. Nick is THE Dominic Saint Ives – Whelan we're all swooning over. I could still slap myself that I didn't make the connection. Actually since then he hasn't really been going to work. We spend every second together and here I am today, a newly turned wolf and Madam to boot. Any more surprises and I'm going to scream I think," Fran added in a fun tone.

"Start screaming then, auntie Fran," Mia grinned as she revealed her tiny secret.

Fran gave Mia a puzzled look. "Auntie?" she asked next. "Who's having a baby then? I know it isn't Bron, nor Lis. That only leaves you." Fran's eyes widened as it dawned on her and then she let out a high screech as she pulled Mia in for a tight hug. "Ooooh I'm so happy for you. You were so bad at hiding the fact you simply adore kids. You sure move fast, lady."

Fran loosened her hold on Mia.

"I know I could have waited, but I don't know why, but it felt right. He's special already," she said lovingly, her hand caressing her tummy.

"You already know what it's going to be? And how many?" Fran asked.

"Yeah, remember my mother," Mia winked as she went on. "She checked for it last week. I'm having one male pup. He's special because he's conceived when we mated. Chris gave me the choice. Everything clicked into place and it felt right, I didn't want to wait. So here I am swept off my feet, barefoot and pregnant in a day's time." Mia giggled at that.

"Ooh then we can go shopping soon. I can't wait what the girls will say!" Fran said with much joy.

"Take it easy there tiger. I'll tell them when it's a bit further along." Mia's expression turned sad as she continued, "About Bron, I have something to say. You're not going to like it, but let me say up front it's been taken care of."

"What about Bron? I know I've been neglecting all of you these past weeks but if something had happened to Bron I should have been told," Fran spoke trying to hide the tension in her voice.

"You know that second night at 'The Viper' where we met up with all the brothers and that fourth guy Adam?"

Fran nodded.

"Bron was the last to go home. Adam said he'd follow her car so he was sure she got home ok. When they left the club Bron went to get her car and Adam to get his bike." Mia grasped Fran's hand. "She was grabbed in the alley by two men, werewolves. Adam heard her scream and fought them."

Fran was shaking and furious hearing what happened, then sadness overshadowed both.

"Not Bron. She was just getting back on her feet."

"I know Fran. Though she's coping with it better. The first few days Adam had stayed with her. Sure he admitted he gave her a sleeping pill that first day so she could sleep it off, but then he stayed a few days more. Then Bron kicked him out the Bron way. He's been a mess ever since."

"Why would he be in a mess? He saved her, and he can be concerned, but a mess?"

Now Mia smiled. "What is Nick to you and Chris for me?" she asked nudging Fran's shoulder.

Fran's eyes widened, "No way! Bron is Adam's mate?"

Mia nodded.

"Oh boy, seeing how protective these wolves are I can fully understand why he's in a mess. Bron is shutting him out, isn't she?"

"Yeah. I can tell you know. The first time I went checking up on her to make sure she was ok. I'm doing that this time too. Apart from Adam, my parents and the Whelan brothers, nobody knows of the attack. As long as she doesn't close herself up like the previous time, I'm letting her deal with it her way," Mia explained.

"How are you able to check up on her without her knowing about it?" Fran inquired.

"Sweetie, my mom and grandfather are Ancients. We can cloak ourselves, even teleport. The whole nine yards," Mia answered with a smile.

"Seriously? I know Nick told about Merlin entertaining the little pups occasionally. I assumed it was just some easy mumbo jumbo. Never imagined it could be like that. What else can you do?" Fran asked with great interest.

"Look," Mia pointed towards a few pebbles in front of them.

They lifted up in the air and started moving in a circular motion. Mia heard the sharp intake of breath next to her and smiled. She changed the path of the pebbles and started making more intricate figures and shapes. Stealing a glance sideways she saw Fran looking, eyes wide open, her mouth forming a little "o".

* * * *
* * * *

Mia cursed, everything was still fine at Nick and Fran's wedding. She had played her part as bridesmaid to perfection even if she already was sporting a large bump. The Greek based toga dresses made it so she didn't feel constricted. The other bridesmaids had worn the same dress in a different color. But by now she was not happy with how large her tummy had grown. She couldn't shift anymore and she barely slept because she couldn't find a position that was comfortable.

Biting her teeth, she grabbed the door as suddenly a cramp went through her abdomen followed by a vivid kick of the little one inside of her tummy. Breathing through the pain, she finally relaxed as she felt it ebb away. She shook her head as she saw the damage she caused by gripping the door. Time for a new one I guess.

Focusing on her breathing she waggled towards the living room and gently sat down on the supersized couch. She remembered the argument when they were shopping for a new one. Chris wanted a dark square one, but she wanted something more uplifting and bright. The one she now sat on was their compromise. One, she admitted with a small smile, they kept paying back to each other multiple times.

The big plus of this couch was they could order new covers for it. Gently rubbing her belly she thought back with much amusement about all the times they had used this couch already and had to replace the coverings. Over time their lovemaking had turned more tender as her tummy grew and the little boy inside of her made his presence known on a regular basis.

As time went on and her relationship with Chris grew tighter, he learned a few new abilities. One he really loved using while making love to her. Only the fact that he made her orgasm like there was no tomorrow made her let him use magic during their love play. Happily she reminisced over all the things they did, how he pushed her limits time after time, still being considerate of their unborn pup.

Secretly she admitted that she was looking forward to having no limits whatsoever. Sure he didn't hold back anymore, but she loved the tender roughness between them. Now he still let go, but always made sure she was comfortable and wouldn't feel restricted. Since their first run together he hadn't tied her up anymore. She missed those little things and they were slowly driving her nuts.

She wanted her man and wolf 200% and being pregnant prevented her from having that. Mia wanted to move forward in time, get passed the impending birth and just hold and cuddle her baby. Happy thoughts, she reminded herself, just before another cramp almost made her double over in pain. She realized these weren't just cramps but her baby wanting to be born.

CHRIS ! Get home! NOW! she screamed through their bond.

What's wrong, Mia? came his immediate reply.

Mia was breathing heavy as the painful contraction hit her head on. Huffing and puffing her way through it she just said, He's coming!

Not a second later Chris appeared in the living room, his face filled with concern.

"How long has this been going on, sweetie?" he said in a strained voice, gently trying to get her up.

"Not long," she huffed. Relaxing against her mate as she felt the contraction ebb away she sighed, relieved. "My back was hurting just like all the other days. Only five minutes ago the contractions must have started. They hurt," she said, pointing at the doorway.

Chris looked at what she was pointing at and smiled. "That is the least of my worries. All I want is for you to be comfortable. You know we're going to have to go to the compound? I just want you as close as possible to our medical facilities just in case."

"Yeah, yeah, just do it quick, before another one comes," Mia replied eagerly, holding Chris close. She tried to relax more as she felt the tiny bundle in her stomach kick against her kidneys. "OH fu- grr, do you really have to kick there?" she said in a pained voice, trying to soothe the pains the little one caused.

"Hold on to me, I'll get us there in an instant," Chris said soothingly.

A few seconds later they appeared in their bedroom in their estate house. In preparation for this day they always made sure their bedroom was free of any clutter so teleporting there was never an issue.

Carefully he lay her down on their oversized bed.

"Chris, I'm going to need some towels. My water hasn't broke yet." Her face turned sour as she suddenly felt her clothing getting soaking wet. "Scratch that; just get me into the shower and replace these sheets," she ordered.

All this time Chris patiently and silently did what she told him. He wouldn't dream of doing anything against her wishes right now and if it meant she would be ordering him around, then so be it. Getting a clean set of sheets, he took some towels with him as well as her dressing robe.

"Come, let us see if we can move you for a little bit and get you out of these wet clothes. If you can manage to sit in the chair for a few minutes then I'll remake the bed," he coaxed her.

"Just carefully. I knew a birth wasn't painless, but this? Never again!" she replied a bit angry, not at Chris, but at her inability to fight of the pain.

Holding her carefully, he put her down in front of the big rocking chair. Swiftly he undressed her, trying not to look at her lush form. He loved how she filled out as her pregnancy progressed. He just dropped her wet clothes where she stood. Lifting her hands to his shoulders he dropped to one knee and with a towel he did his best to dry off her legs and backside.

Standing up, he grabbed her robe and held it out for her. Once she had it on, he loosely tied it around her. Catching him off guard, she bent over double as another contraction came over her. Grasping his forearms, Mia grunted as the pain traveled through her entire body.

Chris on the other hand stood rock still, doing his very best not to let her know how much her grip was paining him. He couldn't take it away, but he could help carry the burden. Focusing on the wall, he concentrated on his breathing until he could block out the pain then he looked down and saw the pure agony written all over her face.

Didn't they say your first birth always took a long time? Chris thought. "Are you ok?" he asked once he felt her death grip loosen.

"Almost, need a few to get through this one." Wrapping her arms around him she rested her head against his chest, hearing a fast but steady heartbeat.

"Ok, when you're ready we'll see about making you sit down comfortably so I can redo the bed, deal?" Chris asked, gently rubbing her back. He noticed the last few weeks had been hard on her. He had tried his best to pamper her whenever he could. Independent as she was, she brushed off most of his attempts to make things easier. Only the backrubs she allowed him to do.

"I'm fine now. Let me sit. You go do the bed." With more force than intended she shoved him away. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"Hush, it's ok," he cut her off. "Just sit down and try to relax. I can take a shove or a push, I'm not made out of porcelain," he added, giving her a wink trying to make her laugh.

"Still…"

"Sweetie, you are carrying our son and more than once he has made it quite clear he needs more room-"

"My kidneys are a testament of that! Once they're back in place he just kicks them away again!" she interrupted him.
* * * *

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I wasn't finished! Can't wait to read more... He is such a doting mate, who in their right mind wouldn't want him around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah puppies!!! :D Not wanting to see this one end as Chris is a real sweetie but eager to see what happens with the rest. Oooh, and when does Lis and Merlin meet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. their story will be the last one in the SIW saga. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! I'm so excited to read the chapter. I love this series and I'm glad you still have more stories to tell!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinda sad to know Chris's story has ended with this chapter! Oh but i'm looking forward to Adam's story too. Will read it once it goes live!

    ReplyDelete