Wednesday, October 5, 2011

SIW Adam & Bronwille: Ch 05 : How Much Can He Take?

Chapter Five : How Much Can He Take?

Adam sat on his couch, beer in hand. He felt content for the first time in ages. A whole scale of emotions had gone through him today, frustration, anger, despair, but he was thankful that it ended with joy and happiness. Who could have thought that Mia would be so devious as to bring Bronwille to his place for lunch?

Then Bronwille having that panic attack, he hadn't known what to do first. His wolf took over, their mate was in trouble. At least he fought the shift. It would only have made things worse. His heart was caught in his throat when he knocked on the door and didn't get a reply. As he entered and knocked again on the door of the stall she had locked herself, in he was losing it.

Without giving it much thought he had ripped the door from its hinges and had pulled Bronwille into his arms before she could even register what was going on. He knew he'd said something to Katie as she stood there with eyes as wide as saucers. He would have to explain his behavior to her.

Then he thought about how unsure Bronwille was, so insecure, but there were moments she had that old sparkle in her eyes.

Adam shook his head. At first he was just holding her. Even as they entered the restaurant before, he had noticed she looked like a shadow of her old self. Thinking back, as he had held her in his arms, he knew she had lost a lot of weight as well. The state his mate was what had his wolf howling in despair. Yet she still had to let them in and trust them, accept them for what and who he is.

Somehow she already did, because she calmed down pretty fast when she was near him, feeling and accepting the soothing presence of her mate, even if she didn't know it yet. When she went on her apology spree he couldn't take much more of it. He made sure she understood what he asked of her, what his promise entailed and still it felt like she was thinking she wasn't worth giving a promise too.

He'd wished the situation was entirely different for a first kiss, but in that moment he just needed her to know where his interest lay. So he dipped and lightly brushed her lips with his own. His wolf was doing summersaults and wanted to howl out how pleased he was. Adam had to fight hard not to deepen that kiss and just keep it to a light touch. The last thing he wanted was her to panic again.

He was vain enough to admit he felt proud that she wasn't focused at all the few seconds after. Doing his best to act normal, as if nothing too special had happened he just went on with their conversation. The smell of fear around her had evaporated for the most part.

Bronwille had gone back to Mia. The first few moments were tinted with a bit of anger and annoyance, but then their mood made a 180 degree turn. He'd stood in the door just behind the bar, just observing the two. Her sweet scent wrapped itself around him and he just stood there grinning like a sixteen year old school boy in love. Adam had to restrain himself from joining them and joining in on their funny chit chat.

Right now it mattered more to him that she was doing fine and was making progress getting out of her shell again. He rolled the bottle of beer in his hand before latching on and swallowing the last little bit of the cool beverage. Looking at his computer, he knew he still had to read her newer story, curious as what she made of it, how she experienced that evening.

He carefully placed his bottle on his brand new coffee table and went to start up his computer. His next action was to take a shower to wash away today’s food smells. As he stripped, his nose caught the clean sweet smell of Bronwille trapped in his T-shirt. If his wolf had any cat like abilities, it would be purring right now.

Normally he put his dirty clothes straight into the dirty laundry basket but he now tossed his T on his bed. He had something with her scent now and it really calmed him down, made him feel there was hope.

With the shower out of the way, he put on some easy shorts, commando of course, before sitting behind his computer, navigating to her profile page. He was surprised it was just a single story. Checking her list again to make sure he didn't miss anything, he assured himself it was just a single story and started reading.

* * * *

* * * *

 

<b>Cursed once again By RedB</b>

It happened again. Hell, nowhere is safe anymore and even running to the security of friends was not enough to stop the curse of my fate following me, miles away. But could there be hope?  I really am not sure. Maybe it’s that I’m too scared to find out.
So why am I cursed? I wish I knew for sure, but clearly I am, since I was attacked again. I’m convinced it is a black mark on my soul, giving permission for men to attack me, think they can steal privileges that I have not granted. I want it to stop, but don’t know how to bring an end to this curse or how to ever feel safe again.
I don’t want men touching me, pinning me to the sides of cars. I don’t want men thinking that I am their property or an object to fondle. I am not theirs. I am not anyone’s property but mine.
But what was different this time was that I wasn’t alone. While three men tried to take privileges with me outside a local club, I experienced something I’ve no words on how to describe. My mind had shut down at this point on what was actually happening to my body, and just before I completely blacked out, I felt it. A tug and then I felt like my soul was cradled in the most wonderful embrace as my mind careened out of control and I knew when I fell he’d catch me. I think I passed out. I must have for I woke up in my apartment, barely surfacing from my delusional trance that follows any panic episode I experience, but I felt him.
Him.
It should have scared me, but it didn’t, for he was the cradle that convinced my soul to be at peace.
I am not sure how much time passed from the moment of the attack to when I finally surfaced, but obviously it had been a few days by the condition of my apartment. One moment I was cocooned in the warmth of arms and a firm body next to mine and in the next caught up in a fully-fledged panic attack.
I admit it, I freaked out. Another man taking something I hadn’t freely offered and he was in my apartment, holding me in my own bed. But that tug remained; a small reminder in the back of my mind that this man was safe. Unfortunately, the more dominant part of my mind was in control and it was panicking. Yeah, I overreacted and kicked him out and can’t bring myself to face him.
I walked away from that warmth and pushed it away. I shut that door and can’t open it. Won’t open it. Don’t know how to reopen it.
So, to the man who saved me - thank you. That is all I can offer right now and all I am capable of giving. I know you’ve been calling me, coming by and waiting outside trying to have me let you in. I can’t. Even if you make me feel protected. Don’t you see I am cursed? I am not worth your time and I am better off alone.
Please just leave me be.
I know you will never read this, but it eases my heart to put my pen to paper and write these words.
* * * *
* * * *

Once more, Adam found himself sitting there staring at his screen. This was short, but it carried the same amount of hurt and emotions as her other story. His heart wept. His wolf howled in agony.

How could their mate think so low of herself? Thinking back at all those little things, he knew that she had felt their connection. Her soul had recognized its other half in him. How would he be able to get that stupid idea out of her pretty little head that she wouldn't be worthy of him? He thought it was rather the other way around. He knew his size scared a lot of woman away.

Sure, he wasn't a ladies man. He didn't have a fling every other week. But at the end of the day, he too had needs. He mostly hooked up with some of the single females in his pack. At least they knew they would get satisfied and that he was up for trying anything at least once. Never had he left a woman unsatisfied.

And then he met this cute petite redhead, huge as he was, she made him feel smaller than she was. He'd acted carefully around her, not wanting to scare her, always trying to show her he'd never hurt her. That evening in "The Viper" would have been perfect if not for the attack that followed.

Today he was the one that caused her to have another panic attack; though he was sure he got to her in time to prevent it from fully engulfing her. He could have cried from joy just having her in his arms. He knew he'd been soothing her, but at the same time his wolf was doing just the opposite, luxuriating in the presence of his mate.

Adam huffed. At least he wasn't riled up with anger now, rather he felt sad. She really has no idea how strong she really is. There were people who broke down for a lot lesser things than she was put through. Still she was getting back to her old self, he was sure of that. Really sure, as he thought back to that evening in the club, she had opened up herself for him and he did the same.

Maybe it was just his luck that they only touched on the more general topics to talk about. Said topics were still things that could make or break even the most normal of relationships. He liked a person who could show interest in several areas. That they shared a love food for was a huge plus in his book.

He practically came in his pants as he caught the moans she was producing while she scooped up bite after bite when she and Mia were in the restaurant. It was the biggest compliment she could give him. This thought reminded him he had to stock up on more pots and pans, since he managed to destroy some as he tried to keep himself from going right back in there, drag her from her chair, lock them up in his room and have his wicked way with her.

Adam smiled at this as the emotions flooded through his body once again. Beautiful, I hope you come to your senses soon because you're driving me nuts here. Just having gone through those memories had caused his shorts to tent up, his massive erection just peeking out of his waist band. With a groan he put his hard flesh in a more comfortable position without flashing himself.

This was not a time to be thinking about that just yet. He had more important things to deal with. First on the list, make a comment on her last story. Somehow he felt the need to tell her she was worthy to be wanted, that she deserved to be taken care of, that there was someone out there for her who would cherish and love her.

He would send it to her privately just as his previous one, knowing he couldn't just admit he knew everything he had read had actually happened. He did feel the way she wrote her new story was more open and at some level the reader could understand this was a description of something the writer had gone through. That would be his angle, hoping he was doing this the right way. Concentrating on his screen he started writing.

###

<b>To RedB from Atlas : </b>

Hi RedB,

Yes, it's me again. Somehow I can't find myself leaving a public comment so once more I'm doing this privately, for your eyes only.

Again, I am touched to my very core by your well written and emotional words. Something tells me, after reading this, there is more to it then you have told us. This feels real, genuine, and heartfelt. I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries now with telling you that I find you a very strong person.

You have found a way to cope with all of this and it only makes me respect you even more.

The only thing that strikes me as odd is why you would think you don't deserve his attention? It seems the person that helped you, did this with the best of intentions. Thinking back at what you wrote there was something between you two, some kind of attraction that doesn't occur that often.

A lot of people would give an arm and a leg to get that feeling. I would do anything to keep that person in my life and I'm sure this person feels the same about you. We're not made to be alone our whole lives.

So I wonder why you let him in first, let him help you and then pushed him away. Doesn't that person deserve some kind of explanation?

I know I'm probably ripping open some old wounds with my words, but if they help you just one tiny bit rethinking your actions and behavior, you may realize just how strong you are. How flexible your feelings are, that not everybody is out to hurt another person.

You deserve happiness even if you think you don’t. I'm quite sure the person who's able to break through your walls will shower you with love and affection. I know I would if I were to meet the person I'd like to spend the rest of my life with.

Sincerely

"Atlas"

###

He read his reply several times. The last thing he wanted was to come across like some kind of creep. He didn't want to scare her. Some of his words were a bit harsher than he intended but he really believed that Bronwille could take them how he meant them. If they helped her stand up against her feelings, cope with them, than they were words well spoken.

Giving it one last once over, he was happy with it and clicked on send. Deep down, he was curious whether she would reply to this or not. Closing down his computer, he started his usual routine before going to bed. He tossed and turned for a while until he dragged his shirt closer, taking a deep breath so her scent washed over him. His mind and wolf relaxed and it didn't take long before sleep took over.

+ + + +

Bronwille cursed as she looked at the clock next to her. Frustrated that she couldn't sleep, she tossed the sheets against the back of her bed. Today had been a real roller coaster for her emotions and all she wanted to do was sleep. She got up and went to her kitchen. Rattling some pots, she hoped a cup of nice hot milk could lull her back to sleep. She opened her laptop out of habit as she waited for the milk to heat up.

A new private message? she mused and quickly clicked on it. Another one from Atlas. So he has read the rest too it seems.

As she started reading, her inner turmoil only got worse. She wanted to slap that person in the face for pushing just those buttons that set her off. Here was a person she didn't know at all telling her without reservation what her problems were. Not so much problems, but he touched each of her secret desires and he questioned her behavior. What gave this person the right to write such things to her?

Quickly she turned to her stove as she saw the milk was almost boiling over. With speed she never thought she had she moved the pan to the sink and waited a few seconds and released a sigh. The milk was saved just in time. Putting the milk back on the stove, she added a little bit of sugar and after a few stirs she poured it into a big mug.

Things could only get worse now. With a heavy sigh she pushed pack her laptop and sat at the table. Once in a while she glanced at the flickering screen. When it went into screen saver mode, she gave a single tap on a random key and continued staring at the words still on there.

She was quite sure it was a man behind this Atlas persona and sure he said he respected her, but that doesn't give him the right to rip open her wounds and put her in her place. Looking at the milk twirling in the cup, she took a sip. Cringing, she cursed under her breath at the now cold beverage. Warm milk with a bit of sugar tasted divine but it didn't have the same flavor when it was cold. Parted from her inner battles, she poured the liquid in the sink and cleaned up after herself.

"Someone just tell me? Why me?" she said out loud to no one in particular.

Bronwille let herself slide down, her knees held tight to her chest. She wanted to laugh at the situation yet tears took over and not much later sobs joined the shaking of her body.

Why am I such a mess? Atlas is wrong, I'm not strong at all. Why else would I keep myself locked up in my flat? The one person that had come remotely close to me I push away. I don't want to, but how will I know if I can trust him?

She felt as if everything had happened again. Bronwille cursed at the words Atlas had written. She scolded herself for being such a wimp about what she wanted. As more and more emotions came crashing down on her, a light within her began to shine, sparking a little bit of hope. It wasn't a light you could see or describe, but it was more a feeling.

The conflicting emotions dulled and she started to see that, even though she was troubled and hurting, Atlas' words must have come from somewhere. With the back of her hand she wiped away her shed tears and stood up. Reading his reply once more convinced her there had to be more to his words than he let on.

Clicking a few times she opened his previous reply, the one with the poem and she read it again and again. The more she read it, the more she got convinced he was as troubled as she was, the only difference being he seemed to have given whatever occurred in his life a place, a certain degree of understanding.

Rattled by his words she got curious and before she acknowledged what she did she had pressed the "send"-button. Bronwille stood staring at her screen which read: MESSAGE SEND.

What have I done? Maybe he doesn't want to tell? Maybe I'm the one now overstepping the boundaries.

Suddenly she felt the urge to send another message stating for him to ignore what she had sent but she resisted. Even having done this without much realization, she knew the ball was now in his court. It was up to him to reply, or not to.

Yup, I'm declaring myself a nutcase now. I need sleep and loads of it, maybe than I'll feel more normal.

She closed her laptop and went back to back to bed. After some tossing and turning fatigue got the upper hand and she drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

+ + + +

Mia let out a heavy sigh as she followed her friend. Bronwille would freak if she would show herself now. Mia only wanted to check up on her, knowing it had been quite a stressful day for her dear friend.

Staying safely in a corner, cloaked and muted, she watched as her friend got up, checked her messages and broke down again. She had to stifle the joy she wanted to let known when she saw how Bron got herself together and replied to whomever had her so upset in the first place. Seeing how her friend was acting, convinced Mia that things were getting better with and for her.

Admitting to herself that she had gambled a little bit with coaxing her out to lunch, especially when she took her to Adam's tavern with neither of them knowing. It seemed to be the right thing to do. A mere minute she had second guessed herself, when Bron had her panic attack but it all turned out just fine.

As she saw Bron going back to her room, Mia felt at ease and was convinced things would only get better from now on. She followed her and saw her crawl back into her bed. As Mia witnessed the restless movements of her friend she stepped up and did what she had done so many times in the past.

Touching her temple briefly, she sent a lot of soothing emotions to the sleeping form of Bron. A few seconds later and her friend was happily asleep, a hint of a smile on her face as she drifted further in her dream world.

Blinking her eyes once, Mia found herself in her own bedroom. She had warned Chris up front that she'd be checking up on Bron tonight. Though he didn't like her using her powers when she was pregnant, he understood her concern for her friend.

Looking down at his sleeping form she silently undressed, lifted the covers and scooted next to him. As if he sensed her presence his arm reached out and pulled her close, her bare back against his solid warm chest.

"That took you long enough. Is she all right?" he mumbled with a sleep drunk voice.

Reveling in his presence, she tried to get closer before she answered, "Yeah, she's sound asleep now. I was worried at a certain point but she got through it."

Feeling a bit more awake Chris asked, "What happened then?"

"I'm not really sure what has, but I can only guess she got a mail that kinda upset her and caused her to break down again. She got herself together, replied and went to bed. I gave her peace of mind because, as usual, she was tossing and turning."

"Hmmm I wouldn't mind some tossing and turning myself now that I'm awake," he spoke slowly as his hand sneaked up cupping her bare breast and flicking his thumb over her little nub.

"Jeesh, Chris, is that all you can think about?" she said in mock anger.

"When you are near me and naked? Damn straight that is all I think about," he replied with a hint of laughter in his tone.

Mia bit back a moan and forgot about her friend completely as Chris turned her on her back and claimed her lips with his. One leg parted Mia's legs and as he pulled it up he found just the right spot to rub against. Concentrating on the kiss, one of his hands traveled to her sizable breasts. He knew this wasn't permanent, he knew they were only bigger because she was carrying their child, but he loved how they filled his hands so perfectly.

Pinching her puckered nipple he heard her moan against his lips. He replied with a light appreciative growl of his own as he left her lips and started a wet trail of kisses down her cheek and neck. He licked her collarbone as he kept listening to her reactions. Stopping the movement of his leg against her wet core, he sat up and looked at the beautiful woman in front of him, her eyes almost closed.

Loving the touch of her skin he equally followed the outline of her shoulder down to her hands and back up again. Then his hands went to her chest and cupped both of her breasts and a wicked smile appeared on his face. Now that she was pregnant, he had to be smart about how to please his mate, he didn't want to do anything that could harm their unborn child.

Much to his surprise, he had found out her breasts were overly sensitive now and it appeared they were now in direct contact with her pussy. He kept on smiling as his thumbs ran over her nipples. He could feel at the rising of her chest that she was aware of what he was planning to do. Chris could also see this by the way she already grasped the sheets next to her.

"You prepare yourself, my little druid, I got a surprise for you tonight," he murmured, the smirk never leaving his face. "Close your eyes for a minute here and I'll be right back," he instructed her.

Swiftly he got off the bed and grabbed his jeans. Quickly he took the tiny object he had hidden there before he went to bed. Taking another glance at the second device attached to it he made sure which different settings there were before getting back up the bed. This time he knelt between her legs.

He saw Mia get a bit restless and he filed away in his mind that once their child was born, he'd have to teach her to be less restless. She should know by now he'd never hurt her and that all he ever did and wanted was to please her. Even if this meant tormenting her for a long time first before her let her have her release.

But not tonight. Tonight he wanted things to be intense for both of them. He wanted her to forget about their friends for a while and just focus on the two of them. He gently placed a hand on the tiny growing bump before bending over and placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Just a minute longer, my sweet, just relax," he said in a velvety smooth voice.

Sitting up again, he took his cock in hand and slid the tiny device over it. He groaned at the tight fit of it and he worried for a second if he'd even be able to cum himself.

Bending down he backtracked the trail of kisses he made before and captured her lips again. He kept the kiss light, his hands supporting him above her. Mia's legs had already wrapped themselves around him, trapping his cock snugly between them. He felt the heat of her core seep into him, her scent driving him mad with lust.

He chuckled softly as he looked down at the tiny woman who had won him over with a single kiss. And the rest, as they say, is history. He couldn't imagine himself being without her.

His roaming eyes stopped at her breasts once more. His hands glided over her legs, over her tummy, upwards until he cupped both of them. Chris gave them a gentle squeeze and bent down and kissed each tip tenderly several times. He knew this drove her crazy and he could already feel the signs of that as she started writhing under him. It was tempting to turn this into a long tormenting session but he also wanted her well rested so without much stalling he grabbed her breasts firmer and brought them together. 

Because they were bigger during her pregnancy, this was easily done. Her nipples so close together presented themselves to him like a pair of overripe cherries. He licked his lips once before he took them both in his mouth and started sucking on them. He felt the immediate reaction from Mia as she tightened her legs around him and almost tore away the sheet under them.

Oh how he loved the tremors invading her lush body. He even hummed as he sucked just that little bit herder, trapping her nipples between his teeth. A firm hold on him now, he lifted himself up just a little, knowing very well that the tension he created would drive her mad. All this time his eyes hadn't left her face and he was tempted to smile as he saw she still had her eyes closed.

Keeping her breasts lifted slightly, he massaged the soft flesh, creating a different kind of tension that he knew would go down straight to her pussy. He didn't even have to look for her scent of arousal now for he felt her wetness coating his cock that still lay snuggly between them. He didn't understand men who just mounted their women and fucked them like a rag doll just to get off.

The joy one got for taking time to please your woman only made it better for both parties involved. Sure he felt the urge of constantly wanting to ravish her when she was near, but that was his personal challenge. A challenge he'd enjoy perfecting over the many years to come. Only tonight he didn't feel much for aiming for that personal goal.

His sucking became more insistent as he knew that if he latched on and sucked for all his worth he could get her to cum like this. He sucked and waited, waited for those tell-tale signs of her impending release. Just as he felt her starting to tense up he released her nipples with a loud pop. Chris enjoyed the view as they bounced back and forth a few times.

He didn't wait much longer than and grabbed his cock and lined it up and gently drove himself home in one go.

"Damn Chris, why this torment?" Mia squealed and a second later her eyes shot open. Not only did she feel him sheathed completely inside of her but there was also a light strumming against her clit. She quickly connected the dots at what he had planned and silently applauded his never ending need to surprise her.

One day, my love, I will get my payback!

Chris locked their eyes together. "One day, maybe, but not today, my little druid," and with that said he started moving slowly, in rhythm with the tiny little butterfly cock-ring. He saw her eyelids falling shut again and told her to keep her eyes open. "I want to see your eyes this time. I want to see them as I make love to you. I want to see my love reflected in them and mostly I want to see them as I make you cum," he whispered, as he hovered above her.

One arm snaked around her and held her close, while his other free hand searched and found the little control box. As he clicked for the next setting, he adjusted his speed, repeating this process until the butterfly was vibrating at full force. The tremors going through Mia were enough signs to him she also was feeling the effect of the vibrating. He had to clench his teeth to keep up the pace and not lose himself, for he constantly felt the urge to just slam into her and cum as he never had before.

Chris felt Mia's arms go around him, gripping him tightly as their emotions started to overflow each other’s senses. Still their eyes were locked together, in both, the golden shimmer of their wolves getting visible.

"Fuck Mia!" Chris grounded between clenched teeth.

She knew what he meant. Her own muscles were sending the same signals throughout her own body. Struggling to maintain eye contact, she breathed rapidly, biting her lower lip. She desperately wanted to cum, but wanted to hold out as long as possible, waiting for Chris to join her.

Chris caved and buried his head against her neck as he grabbed her tight. How he did it he didn't know, but he turned off the butterfly and all he concentrated on now was his impending release. He cursed to himself for getting the little plaything for it was preventing him cuming when he wanted too and it was clear to him Mia was doing her best to wait for him. The loss of the vibrations made it a little easier on him and he could feel his balls crunching up tightly, getting ready to spill their seed.

Mia held him tightly, her soft lips caressing her mating mark, sparked that inner fire he always felt and not much later he slammed in deep. Holding her close, his thrusting got even more frantic and before he knew it, he started shaking as he pumped his seed into her. Breathing heavily, he was surprised by how long it took before he was spent. The last tingles traveled through his spine as he cradled a just as satisfied Mia closer and rolled them on their sides.

Mia nuzzled the lower part of his neck and reveled in the scent that was a combination of them both.

"You keep on amazing me. I'd almost think I don’t deserve you," she mused.

"Don't deserve me? Let me tell you…" he started to say but Mia cut him off.

"I said 'think'. The moment you walked into the shop's office I knew you were mine and I wasn't going to let you go," she said.

"That's more like it," he murmured.

He leaned back a little and removed the butterfly cock ring from his cock and without much concern tossed it behind him on the ground. Once the cock ring came off, he felt relief course through him and it almost felt as if he got a little after climax as he shuddered when normal blood flow was possible.

A sated and content Mia next to him was stifling a laugh as he saw mischief written all over her face.

"Not a word," he warned her.

"But I haven't even-"

"Not one word. Just get comfy and go to sleep."

Mia turned around and scooted back until her back was snuggled up to Chris' front, his arms gently circling her and pulling her just that little bit closer. She snickered as she felt his cock against her bum. If she really wanted too she could have another round with him, but it seemed he wanted her to rest. Making a mental note that she must know where he would put the cock ring/butterfly, she was dead set on using this little toy more often.

With these thoughts in mind she drifted off to sleep, soon followed by Chris.

+ + + +

Adam looked around his apartment. He was sure that everything was in order. He had no plants that needed taking care off and no pets either that needed to be fed or walked. Everything was tidied up. He even made sure as to get rid of most of the food in his fridge so it wouldn't go bad.

He's been working hard these last few days, doing a lot of searching, making phone calls. He even had gotten round to buying a new laptop. Once he saw how fast the damn thing worked he cursed and wondered why he never got one sooner. It was his last night before he had arranged for at least two, maybe three weeks off-time.

He gathered that it should be enough time to deal with things and move on once and for all. His duffel bag stood already packed next to the door. A pile of clean clothes lay in the bathroom. Sitting behind his desk, which looked a lot more spacious now, he started up the laptop and checked his account. He noticed the new ping he had.

A message from Bronwille, curious about what she had to tell "Atlas" he quickly opened the mail and started reading intently. As he read on he started smiling for he knew the words he had said in his own mail were hard, but she seemed to take them at heart and rebel against them. His intent wasn't to really provoke her but it seemed his words had that effect anyway.

###

<b>To Atlas from RedB : </b>

Hi Atlas,

Let me first thank you for your honest reply. Those words were touching and unsettling at the same time. They awoke feelings inside of me I hoped I had buried deep down. Your words proved me wrong. I'll be honest here, I was angry at first at the assumptions you made about me, and then I had to admit you were right.

I'm a mess. I can admit that now, to myself at least, but for my friends, well I try to hide it.

I had a little breakdown before I really started thinking about your words, then I added in your poem and correct me if I'm wrong, I think at some level you are just as hurt and tormented as I am. Can't put my finger on it, it's a feeling I get each time I read your poem.

It may be bold of me but if you want to share your own past, maybe we both can work on moving past our problems and come out of this as better people? Writing things down helps me to deal with things, maybe this can have the same effect for you?

Maybe I shouldn't just suggest this, but challenge you to do just this very thing. The poem you sent as a reply felt raw but true and honest and I liked that very much.

I'm not going to waste more words on this but know my virtual door is open should you wish to share anything. You don't have to share these writings with the world if you don't want too, but I can help fine tune them for you and then you can decide what you want to do with it.

It is late now and time for me to crawl back to bed. I hope with being so bold myself I haven't stepped on anyone's toes.

Best wishes,

RedB

###

Adam couldn't help but fill his living room with the deep rumble of his laugh. Bronwille really had no idea how proud she made him feel right now. He wished he could just pop over there and tell her just that.

Writing a story of my own? Can I do that? <I already cursed a million times when I wrote that poem.

He shook his head as he reread her mail. She should give herself more credit. She had read between the lines of his poem and had figured out it wasn't just her torment he tried to convey in it, but unbeknownst to himself he had brought in his own past feelings. Living as long as his kind did, he knew you couldn't let certain things influence you.

There was a short period in his long life he always preferred not to think about and he had managed to give it a place and move on. Some things just are and you just had to deal with them and accept them and after that preferably move on. It hadn't been easy, but he ended up where he was now and had found a new purpose to his life.

He was glad his Alpha never had made a big deal of him not living with the rest of his pack and his rather rare visits. It just had the opposite effect. Once word had gotten out he was a cook here, they started coming over, making the tavern a blooming place to live and work.

Well maybe this is just the thing I need to do. I can tell her part of my own history and see how she reacts to that.

He didn't want to leave her in the dark and quickly typed up a reply stating that he might take her up on her challenge, but that he was going out of town for a while and that he would get back to her once he had something to share. This way, he let her know that he didn't mind her turning the tables, but that he needed time and that his coming silence wasn't because he felt offended or anything like that.

Closing his laptop, he went back to his bedroom. Flopping down on his bed, he started going over the things he had learned and found out. The days or weeks to come weren't going to be easy. He had pulled some strings and had gotten free reign as to how to deal with things as long as he didn't draw attention to himself.

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo! Getting caught up cause I am behind, but this is fantastic! I love the continued build up of tension and the despair you weave into both of them is outstanding. Well done!

    cedar

    ReplyDelete