Monday, October 17, 2011

SIW Adam & Bronwille: Ch 07:

As Bronwille and Mia left after breakfast, it was clear to Mia that Bronwille was fretting over something. She could make a very well educated guess what it was about. Mia couldn't blame her friend, and the first moment she got a hold of him she would make sure Adam knew all about this. How could he leave town and not let Bronwille know, not even a little note! Mia sent a mental warning to Chris and asked if he could get a hold of Adam in any way. She then settled down next to Bronwille on the couch.

Bronwille sniffed a few times, not wanting to give in to the tears and the feeling of abandonment. Just as she felt she was getting better this happened, or rather something didn't happen. To her it was just proof that she obviously didn't mean that much to him as she thought. Here she was getting her hopes up just to get that gusto handed back to her on a platter.

"Come here Bron and let it all out. I know you're upset about something and you're gonna tell me why," Mia motioned her friend to scoot closer, as she held open her arms.

Not a second later Bronwille was in them and tears were staining her cheeks. Mia just stayed quiet and let her friend cry as she gently stroked her hair. After a while Bronwille started sniffing again and the sobs started to lessen.

"Now, can you tell me what this little outburst is all about?" Mia asked.

"I'm probably overreacting again," she replied in between sniffs.

"Tut tut, there is no such thing. Just tell me and let me be the judge of that."

"Fine, you asked for it. It's Adam. I don't know why but there is something about him that makes me feel safe. That evening, he listened to me, he talked to me, and he cared." Bronwille sobbed again. "That evening in 'The Viper', after Fran and Nick went home and then you guys, he wanted to follow me home to make sure I was safe. It…it never got that far. I was attacked again." Saying these last few words opened up all those pent up emotions and her tears came freely again.

"Oh Bron, why do you always think you have to cope on your own! I knew something happened, but I didn't want to push for it," Mia consoled her friend. Deep down she was glad Bronwille had finally opened up and told her what had happened to her. And now she didn't have to pretend she didn't know anymore and really be here for her as a friend and confidant. "Whatever you need to get of your chest, just tell me, ok?"

"There were these men coming up to me. I told them no, but they wouldn't have any of it. As I tried to bypass them, one started groping me, one other grabbed me from behind. I don't know but it felt like he actually didn't want this all, he tried to pull me away from the other one, but he wouldn't budge. Then it all became a blur. One slapped me in the face, the other kept trying to pull me away. I think at some point I got thrown into a wall. Suddenly I heard a loud growling like a huge dog and, and … I don't know, things turned black. Next thing I know, I was feeling very drowsy but comfortable. I remember Adam being there before I drifted off to sleep again."

Mia processed what her friend was telling. She could conclude she didn't see Adam in his wolf form, so for now that secret was still safe. She hugged Bronwille closer wanting to comfort her.

"I do wonder Bron, why you always think you have to deal with anything on your own? You know we're all here for you whenever you need or want. Now about that attack, do you remember anything else about it?"

Mia hated asking this, but every detail she could remember or not was important. It might be helpful later on, especially when Adam had to tell her how things will develop between them.

"No, that's it. Just those two men, the angry dog and blacking out. Then I woke up in Adam's arms. The first time, I was probably still too tired but the next time I freaked and kicked him out. He tried calling and checking up on me, but I either slammed the door in his face or hung up after a few words."

Bronwille straightened up and wiped her cheeks and shook her head.

"I don't know Mia, something tells me to let him in, take a leap of faith, but I don't know how. When I think about it, all I wanna do is run, far, far away and hide. You saw what happened the first time you took me to his tavern. Panic attack!" she stressed with huge gestures.

"Hmmm true. But tell me, who calmed you down? Didn't you enjoy the rest of the visit? As far as I could tell nothing inappropriate happened, right?"

"No," but Bronwille did blush none the less.

"Oh, now you blush. Spill!" Mia demanded.

"Nothing happened really. He probably saw me run to the toilets and he got worried. He pulled the door of its hinges, can you believe that? Scooped me up and went to his office and he calmed me down. If I'm honest, I wish that moment lasted longer but I also know if that had been the case, I would have backed away again. Once I got better and the panic attack was over I felt so at ease and comfortable, I didn't want to get up. I wanted to stay in his arms."

Bronwille couldn't help the dreamy sigh that escaped her lips.

"The things he said were so touching and… I don't know; part of me started hoping?" Bronwille had a longing look on her face as she said this. She also remembered those few words he had said: I'm not joking here, if there is anything, night or day, call me or come over. Promise?

Mia just kept listening now that her friend was pouring out her heart.

"I just got the courage to try and give him a shot, try to let him close. God knows I've been more than rude to him with slamming the door in his face every time he stopped by. I craved his deep baritone voice, yet every time he called I listened and then hung up without even saying as much as a hello or goodbye or even leave me alone. I've been awful to him and I don't know why he puts up with it all.

"And then when I do go over, I hear he isn't even in town anymore. I know I'm in no position to demand anything of him but I would have thought he would let me know he was going away for a while. Or is that too much too expect?" Bronwille looked very pleading to Mia with these last few words.

"He should have told you something, I agree with you on that. But I think I understand why he maybe hasn't. Maybe he just wanted to give you a bit of space?"

"Space, my ass! He's been diligently calling twice every week and still stopping by once a week. It just doesn't make sense." Bronwille sighed. She was starting to get tired of her own emotional up and downs and she was getting angry because of it.

"You're right, it doesn't," Mia comforted her friend, "I'll see what I can do, see if we can get in touch with him and see what is going on. Think that would be ok for you?" Mia thought it would be a long shot but if it eased Bronwille's mind for the time being, she'd work with what she had. Regardless of it all, Adam would get a serious talking to once he did get back, this was no way to leave a mate behind, whether the person in question was aware of that bond or not.

"Also remember Bron, Katie has my number, if she hears anything, she is gonna call me too. We'll get to the bottom of this. You just make sure you are doing fine." Mia tried her best to coach Bronwille, without having to explain what else was going on over the last few weeks.

"I know, I know, but I can't help how these feelings go. I don't know what it is but with Adam I feel as if I’m capable of moving on without all the baggage from the past. His looks are deceiving, one would think someone of his size is an aggressive bully, but he's just the opposite. He's gentle, polite, caring," Bronwille blushed now, "and he looks divine with no shirt on."

Mia burst out in laughter. "I wouldn't think you would become a nun. I'm glad you can still appreciate a nice looking male body."

Bronwille covered her cheeks as they turned an ever deeper shade of red.

"Oh come on now, don't go all red on me. It's been ages since I saw you this smitten with anyone. You've been through enough to deserve a break. Once we talked some sense into him I'm quite sure Adam would be perfect for you," Mia teased. It could never hurt to guide her a little bit.

"Yeah well, first I want to be a bit more stable myself. I'm getting tired of these up and downs. Then we'll see about Adam."

"You got some time for that now. We could start tomorrow. Just a day for us girls alone, we could even invite Fran and Lis, if they're available. It's been ages since we did something together. It would keep your mind of things," Mia suggested.

"It's an option. I just don't want one of those busy ones."

"Don't worry about it. I'll take care of everything. You make sure to be ready by noon so I just have to pick you up and enjoy the rest of the day."

"Ok, ok. I relent, you win. I'll be ready."

"That's what I want to hear. Now I'm gonna leave you to it. If there is anything, just ring me up and I'll be here in a heartbeat, ok?" Mia said with glee. She was glad Bronwille's mood took another turn, this time a turn in the good direction.

+ + + +

Dolores will  be back as well ;-)

3 comments:

  1. still can't wait a bloody week dear!! and yes i will say the favorite fan line, damn teaser is to short...grrrrr

    But still love the fact you took the time to post one for us and I want to see how Adam is doing on his trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome teaser and i can't wait to read the full chapter and thank you thank you thank you for posting it *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Groovy! Eager to read the rest *bounces impatiently* lol

    ReplyDelete